Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
adrennalin junkie
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.... been looking through heaps of pages for some feedback on two brothers pipes.... and i haven't found too much

i'm up for some aftermarket cans (part of an unfortunate event:cryin) but i'm gonna make the most of it and accesorize where i can

already got my screen sussed but i'm stumped with what can i want

basically i have a lava 04 and i want carbon cans with a nice deep note... i like the look of the gytr cans and also just LOVE the end cap on the two brothers cans...

just after some feedback on the two brothers cans if anyone has any... the only thing worrying me is the carbon in the pics looks a little tacky so i was wanting to get some info from people that have bought them

·
Administrator
24,870 Posts
sharknose said:
I wonder what the difference between shift red and lava red are!
I got gyt-r's on mine and like 'em.Havn't seen 1 with two brothers on yet..
There is a difference between the reds. The lava red is more orangish then red. At least in my opinion.

Here's a pic that I found... guess it looks orange due the the sun... but the Aussie Lava red is different then the US shift red.

·
Registered
351 Posts
MadDan said:
hey guys.... been looking through heaps of pages for some feedback on two brothers pipes.... and i haven't found too much

i'm up for some aftermarket cans (part of an unfortunate event:cryin) but i'm gonna make the most of it and accesorize where i can

already got my screen sussed but i'm stumped with what can i want

basically i have a lava 04 and i want carbon cans with a nice deep note... i like the look of the gytr cans and also just LOVE the end cap on the two brothers cans...

just after some feedback on the two brothers cans if anyone has any... the only thing worrying me is the carbon in the pics looks a little tacky so i was wanting to get some info from people that have bought them
I'd go with the GYTR, they have a better fit. They sound just as throaty as the 2BROS. I have the 2BROS and I am very disappointed with the fit, especially after spending all that money for slip ons.

·
I wish I had more time to ride
565 Posts
i've got the 2bros. the look and sound are great, but i just can't get the alignment perfect. At first it drove me crazy that the cans weren't even, but I can live with it now

·
Registered
477 Posts
Linh said:
i've got the 2bros. the look and sound are great, but i just can't get the alignment perfect. At first it drove me crazy that the cans weren't even, but I can live with it now
I installed mines last week, at first i was having a little trouble, but then i looked at the manual (loose fit everything first and them torque it) so that is what i did. I put everything together loose and then little by little started tighten every thing. Looks good now and the sound :eek: . My friend has the Termies and the sound is way better...

·
haaawwhhaaat
103 Posts
Linh said:

I got the same problem it drives me fricken crazy. Every time I wash my bike or even walk up to it from behind I notice that the pipes are uneven, but that said I love the sound and look.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a full graves, I have Nikko slip ons now, will let them go for $500 have about 3000 miles on them, killer sound, nice and deep. Do a search for my user name I have pics up when I got the bike. They are kick ass, Nikko bought out Mig, they look and sound great. I will post in the classified section later on once the graves comes in on monday and I get them off the bike.

·
adrennalin junkie
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the reply's guys... still got one question unanswered though... what's the carbon like on the 2 bro's pipes.... from some of the pics i've seen it looks a bit tacky

and for the colour.... yea i can see a difference with the two colours after seeing the pic in full sun that one has definately got more orange tinge to it... where mine is a rich red with not a hint of orange in it

·
adrennalin junkie
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kewl... thanks for the pic.... yea it looks ok.... guess i'm just used to seeing the duller carbon look like on the rs3 i had on my thunderace

pity they didn't come with a carbon strap also.... but i'm sure there's plenty of options out there... just need money... lol

·
adrennalin junkie
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well... i've pretty much decided on the two bro pipes.... mainly cause the more i see that end cap the more i like it.... and everyone had good comments about the sound and that's the main thing i'm chasing

BUT.... lol... i got hold of the aussie dealer and theres a 6 WEEK wait before i can even get a friggin price on em.... which i though was pretty PISS POOR...

but i will forgive the guy cause he's only been the aussie dealer for all of 3 days and is still finding his feet.... he gave me the name of the previous dealer and i'm gonna try track him down tomorrow and see if he's still got anything

i'd import it myself but it's part of an insurance claim so my hands are tied a little.

gonna get the shop to put the stock cans back on (only slight damage to one of em) and i'll swap em over when i can get hold of some

1 - 15 of 15 Posts