Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Johnny Chimpo
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nevermind. i found the answer.

if anyone wants to know, the H4 is NOT the same as the 9003, according to Sylvania :D

·
powderwhore
1,141 Posts
Your getting good at answering your own questions. :D

·
powderwhore
1,141 Posts
Question for you.
Do 02-03 R1’s use the H4 bulbs?

·
Johnny Chimpo
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fast_guy99 said:
Question for you.
Do 02-03 R1’s use the H4 bulbs?

Yes. :D

I should research before I ask the question, but most auto sites dont have info for bikes. I put those cheap Xenon bulbs in and they last about a week. So Im gonna try the Silverstars, or maybe PIAA.

·
powderwhore
1,141 Posts
Kick ass I am leaning towards the PIAA myself.
Thanks for the quick replay/help!!!

·
Johnny Chimpo
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where abouts in CO do u live.? Im about 95% sure Im moving to CO Springs in August.... :rock

·
Clearin' leather...
2,085 Posts
Silverstars rock. That's what I have and they burn retinas at night!

·
powderwhore
1,141 Posts
Tweak said:
Where abouts in CO do u live.? Im about 95% sure Im moving to CO Springs in August.... :rock
Well I live in Colorado Springs. Contract with DOD stuff. Are you military?

·
Bald headed dork
4,086 Posts
I looked at some in Auto Zone yesterday and they said H4 on them. Are you saying that these bulbs will not work in the R1? The exact bulb was the 9003CB. It was a 55/60 w bulb that looked just like the ones in my bike. Please let me know why these won't work so I don't waste my $$.

Thanks bud,
Scott

·
Johnny Chimpo
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fast_guy99 said:
Well I live in Colorado Springs. Contract with DOD stuff. Are you military?

Nope. But I have been told I should be looking into government type jobs because I have a Poli Science degree and a Criminal justice degree. Ive been looking for jobs in CO Springs for months w/ no luck.

Know of any openings or someone I could contact? Thanks man

Brandon

·
I do not fear death...
284 Posts
Tweak,

Good information, but I still can't figure out if the H4 has the higher output vs. the 9003CB:

Because of the limits in the US on beam intensity in effect in 1991, the maximum allowable light output tolerance was also reduced. This new bulb specification was called "9003/HB2"
Hmm.... Just don't know!

Corey

·
Registered
257 Posts
H4's and 9003 are the same thing. Most aftermarket will call them H4 because is a more genaric name. 9003 are usualy OEM replacement stuff. I dont think there realy is a difference other than who is calling it. I have H4 PIAA's and love them. I have silvertars and dont like them as much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts