Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Had problems with my bike cold starting due to the previous owner chucking on a K&N filter and slip ons.. so the bike was struggling to crank over after multiple attempts then killing the battery 馃槶
Took my bike to Neville lush in Victor harbour to tune the bike properly to suit these mods, getting the bike back the power comes on earlier & smoother. Asked him for a safe tune to run cooler as it was running lean beforehand, having him play with the fueling and turning the fan on earlier has helped tremendously. Gained 15hp to 163hp and torque up to 107ftlb.
The bike actually wants to start now & haven't had a problem since 馃榿

Attachments

2016 R1
Ummmmm what. :bs

I was thinking the same thing. I will have to double check my dyno sheet to be sure but if I remember correctly, my 鈥16 with only 900 miles on it made 186hp and I can鈥檛 remember the TQ figure but I believe it was less than 100 and at COTA a couple weekends ago, on the straights I was walking away from previous Xplane generation R1s like they were at half throttle. No way this bike made 107 TQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just happy to be here...
I was thinking the same thing. I will have to double check my dyno sheet to be sure but if I remember correctly, my 鈥16 with only 900 miles on it made 186hp and I can鈥檛 remember the TQ figure but I believe it was less than 100 and at COTA a couple weekends ago, on the straights I was walking away from previous Xplane generation R1s like they were at half throttle. No way this bike made 107 TQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm just waiting to see if it was a typo. :Ink_Stab:

kickin' at the darkness
Ummmmm what. :bs
my thoughts exactly... 107 ft.lbs i do not think so.. not by a very long shot. >:)

and unless its got graves stacks you can nix the hp figure as well.. :lol

107 Nm is a bit more in line @ 78.9 ft.lbs

107 is possible. How many stickers do you have on it and are you rocking a helmet mohawk?

kickin' at the darkness
How many stickers do you have on it and are you rocking a helmet mowhawk?
its MOHAWK. just sayin' :lol

actual #s will be lower due to shitty spelling.. :fact

kickin' at the darkness
:partyguy: >:)

i was glad to see such a follow up, whats the point if we cant get a laugh here n' there :thumbup

kickin' at the darkness
1 - 17 of 17 Posts