Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2004/Mar/040302jd1.htm

You can't lose something you never had, they say, and the only problem with the way that statement relates to Jason DiSalvo is that he did have the pole for the Superstock race today. At least for a few minutes. After the session ended. After the checkered flag had flown.

DiSalvo set the fastest time of the session as the minutes clicked down, and was atop the timing and scoring monitor when the session ended.

After seemingly half of the pit lane congratulated the young rider and all of the Yamaha crew shook his hand, the Speedway press office and announcers had interviewed him, it was then that someone looked at the timing and scoring monitor only to see that Ben Spies was suddenly listed as the man with the pole. The Superstock qualifying session had been finished for over three minutes at that point. DiSalvo was suddenly listed as second-fastest.

The young Yamaha rider was obviously gutted by this development.

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can picture it in my mind with the people interviewing him, then all of a sudden some yells, "SPIES just stole pole" and everyone leaving Jason for dead. hahahaha

·
wanna B on the Track
1,250 Posts
ZZZZZZZzzzzz.. pole doesn't declare race winner... as russell used to say.. i'm a racer not a qualifier.. learn it... live it... love it..

·
loves the rider
23 Posts
castrolr1 said:
ZZZZZZZzzzzz.. pole doesn't declare race winner...
that's true. if you're ben spies.
spies took pole in superstock qualifying and look what happened to him. i was there... and saw the whole thing go down-the session was over, the checkered flag was down, spies went thru that flag to start his lap and went thru it again to finish it, and that lap was counted for some unknown reason. whoops. he didn't win. either race. just sayin- bad karma.

not true if you're jason- who qualified for pole position (green flag? really? wow, what a concept ;)) in the supersport race and won it. declared.

:fork

·
L8R2U
21,412 Posts
:( :(

·
loves the rider
23 Posts
SpidermanSS said:
I don't see the humor in this post...
there really is no humor in this post.
anyone who thinks there is didn't see what happened that day-plain and simple. it really doesn't matter now of course.

just fyi.

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,974 Posts
I'm lost myself spidy.. I'm sure this happens all the time anytime someone tops the top at the pole..

whats the big deal in other words?

·
YEEEEEEE!!!!!
1,979 Posts
The only thing thats funny is DaeKwan Sig. LMFAO:2bitchsla :lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts