Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late spring I had my carbs cleaned rebuilt synced on my 2000 r1 ,I took the bike to the track and ran great now it starts fairly easy from cold but hard when hot and barely idles ,the bike was stored with fuel stabilizer I put in fresh gas changed plugs checked fuel filter any ideas ?? Thank you

·
Registered
23 Posts
I cant really offer any real assistance except to add that I rebuilt mine and the bike ran faultlessly for the season but was rough when I started the following season-much disheartened I took a gamble on a 2nd hand set which has so far paid off-something has blocked them and I tried to clear it but failed. Im happy with whats on there-Id say they run a bit rich-but the bike runs better than his has done for some years (Ive had mine since new-same as yours). I do all my own work as I cant blame or doubt anyone. They are not too difficult to get off-the worst job is trying to 'see' the 3.5 mm hex head screws on the inlet stubs. Happy to talk you through it if you fancy a play!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pat don't feel I want to mess with carbs bit above my pay scale I usually do most of my own work but carbs ug I have a call out for the company that did the work they are accomadating

·
An R1 kinda day!
300 Posts
Vapor lock is when the fuel turns to a gas (or vapor) in the lines before getting to the carburetor. I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts