Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Bald headed dork
4,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of the pics Ron. I saw the sale at EMA and it got me wondering. I really like the looks of the HM, but I had a Micron HM a while ago and my heel kept hitting/resting on the pipe. I'm not sure there's enough room or clearance for my foot with the HM.

I really like the lines and angle of the OEM end can, but it seems many of the aftermarket ones hang slightly 'lower' than the OEM can. That's why I want to see the Harris 'standard' mount.

Any idea how loud that Moto GP slip on will be?

Harris stuff seems to be top notch kit from what I've been able to tell. Any thoughts?

· Bald headed dork
4,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks great! Did the high mount connector pipe interfere with your foot/heel placement while riding? Like I said, I'm a little leary of getting another high mount after having the Micron. (I'mnot comparing Micron to Harris as far as quality in any way here-just how they fit on the bike.)

If your heel/foot did rest on the pipe, did it melt the heel of your boots or did the connector pipe not get hot enough to do so?

So you definitely recommend Harris as far as a quality piece of kit then?

Thanks,
S.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.