Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a wrecked 99 r1 with new frame. The guy who had it before me cut the frame right behind the seat. Therefor eliminating the rear seat. I am wondering if I should have it welded back together or what I should do. I am making progress at this bike and should have it together by the end of JAN. And ready for paint after that. Also what kind of exhaust should I be using. I am using swingarm extentions also. I am going for a crazy radical look. I also have came across a new 04 front end from a shop that someone has had set up for racing and never payed for. What do you guys thing I should do????

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
...whatever you want to do. Do you like the short subframe? If not...weld it back on. If you do...leave it alone.

Pretty simple man.

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Might be better to find another subframe from a wrecked motorcycle.
99's were welded to the main frame....either way he's gonna have to weld a new one...be it a peice of one or the whole thing.

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
i got the same problem, why would some one hack the subframe like that?
:saw::no interested to see how it turns out.
Any number of reasons...looks, stunt bike, track bike (weight), custom job on the bike...whatever.

Squids thinking they are saving weight are the big one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.