Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
wh00p!
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has heard what this beast sounds like? Bought my Blue ONE friday. Just trying to plan ahead $$ wise. Don't really want to fork out a ton of cash since its all undertail and not side mounted exhaust.

·
Yes it's fast...NO you can't!
307 Posts
I heard it one one of the promo comercials in the dealership. It didn't sound any different to me than a standard exhaust.

·
wh00p!
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh I heard it on the promo vid, just wondering if anyone has stood next to it at a show or something , when the bike is idleing.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
somewhere on the Yamaha website it says the exhaust was tuned for a more muscular sound.... but then again EVERY mfg has said that at one time or another

·
Registered
334 Posts
I believe Its going to sound like the gixxer bc its got ram air now.Youll here more of the intake than the exhaust and itll sound more muscular.The sound mix of the intake and exhaust will give it a real sweet sound

·
Registered
444 Posts
The bikes pipes as I understand it run with standard baffles and packing right?

I probably wouldnt waste my money on a new exhaust when this setup is full TI anyways. Its already a 2k exhaust, save your money.

What I would do however is open the can's up and remove all packing and baffle material and make the pipes straight through. That should make it plently loud, and should make it sound like a race bike.:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts