Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to get a state inspection for my bike this year, and I'm wondering if anyone has run into problems passing inspection with aftermarket modifications.
I have a few, but the ones that concern me are Greggs Flushmounts and Akra full system.
Were you required to return the bike to stock form prior to inspection?

Thanks!

Rene'

·
R1 = poontang
668 Posts
In everytown there's the old guy that will usually inspect anything. So no I've never had a problem. I've seen this guy inspect and pass a jeep that was towed in and look like it was just rolled over 10 times.

·
Happiness is a Belt-Fed Weapon
25 Posts
No problem...

Generally speaking, if you appeal to most people's sense of reasoning you won't have a big problem. Just tell the person doing the inspection to look at the brightness of the lights -- the Greggs are damn bright. Tell them that you not only installed them for the better look, but that they are safer as well. After all, the visibility from the side of the stock signals is no where near as good. Just be logical. If you're there, presenting a quality set of lights, and not just some cheap crappy marker lights, you should be fine. As for the pipe, I always show them some of my scars from getting run over by cages who "didn't even know I was there" and tell them that anything that can help me get the attention of other drivers is a good thing. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
21,669 Posts
A State Inspection? Florida? :lol :lol :lol Naw, we don't have one.

·
Beeeeeer!
9,540 Posts
Re: No problem...

K-Bomb said:
Generally speaking, if you appeal to most people's sense of reasoning you won't have a big problem. Just tell the person doing the inspection to look at the brightness of the lights -- the Greggs are damn bright. Tell them that you not only installed them for the better look, but that they are safer as well. After all, the visibility from the side of the stock signals is no where near as good. Just be logical. If you're there, presenting a quality set of lights, and not just some cheap crappy marker lights, you should be fine. As for the pipe, I always show them some of my scars from getting run over by cages who "didn't even know I was there" and tell them that anything that can help me get the attention of other drivers is a good thing. Good luck!
:thumbup

·
Self Appointed
736 Posts
Skeeter said:
A State Inspection? Florida? :lol :lol :lol Naw, we don't have one.
I agree, just move to FL, there is no state inspection and you can ride year round. :fact
[bump]

·
Large Marge sent me
4,066 Posts
quick question: some of our fellows here have gotten tagged by cops and written up for no light above the license plate (due to aftermarket fender elim kits). will that fail inspection?

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
raidwolf said:
quick question: some of our fellows here have gotten tagged by cops and written up for no light above the license plate (due to aftermarket fender elim kits). will that fail inspection?
Damn, gotta add that to my worry list too! :mad:

·
MOTORCYCLE NAZI
2,448 Posts
OMG.. Inspections.. I dont know what to say.. FRIKIN NAZI'S

They can inspect my johnson :machinegu

Id move! well.. ok. maybe not but thats crap just the same

·
Registered
12 Posts
mine hasn't been inspected in two years and don't paln on it anytime soon, cops here don't care, been pulled over twice (there are only 3 cops in my town though)

·
Driving the Big Brown Truck
1,706 Posts
We have inspection stickers here in WV, but the only sticker I get is the one that comes on the bike. No liscence plate light, no turn signals, no mirrors, nada !

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,626 Posts
whats a state inspection????:crash

1 - 15 of 15 Posts