·
Trail Rated
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:fork Hey I have a idea about having a place that is
legal that all riders can stunt at ! :rock Every place has
a place to stunt IE: the street or a private place but as allways
the police find out people get caught ect:cryin
Me and a coupleof buds are thinking about getting some land laying the blacktop 2blocks long and you sign and waiver and you
can do tricks till your bike falls apart:thumbup
I need some serious input. I know it sounds nuts but
it would be dope to pull off.

MADDOG

·
Can i bum $1
884 Posts
I think as long as you don't charge then it's a private property deal. As long as a 'neighbor' doesn't complain about noise you shouldn't have the cops on ya. But i'm no lawyer and you may want to check with the local laws.

·
"Gort-Klaatu barada nikto!"
3,197 Posts
STEVE MADISON said:
:fork Hey I have a idea about having a place that is
legal that all riders can stunt at ! :rock Every place has
a place to stunt IE: the street or a private place but as allways
the police find out people get caught ect:cryin
Me and a coupleof buds are thinking about getting some land laying the blacktop 2blocks long and you sign and waiver and you
can do tricks till your bike falls apart:thumbup
I need some serious input. I know it sounds nuts but
it would be dope to pull off.

MADDOG
Waivers can be broken! Not worth the paper they're written on! Waste of money IMO!

·
Trail Rated
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:fork There will be small charge 3 to 5 buck for the day
and the riders have to sighn ins waiver so i cant be sued
The fee would be for the cost of INS and track upkeep

Also I thought of putting this next to a track here is denver
2 miles from the airport no worrys on the nieghbors

Keep it coming all advise welcome

MADDOG

·
Has anyone seen my ratchet?
25,747 Posts
I know that any waiver can be broken and you can be sued. I seen it happen at the local MX track, as well as the local skate park. These businesses still however exist, so it obviously can be profitable. I would seek the advice of a lawyer and get a WRITTEN legal opinion. Believe it or not if you later run into trouble, it helps that you have a written legal opinion that you followed.

·
Trail Rated
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:fork Come on man Why dont you think it will work :dunno
You can do anything if you want to. Remember if you build
they will come:rock

MADDOG:thumbup

·
Trail Rated
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:fork That what Im talking about:rock
Does it work??? What would you change??
Please respond I want to do this :thumbup
Holla if ya here me

MADDOG

·
Master Mechanic
871 Posts
Laying blacktop two blocks long cost ALOT more than you think. And in my opinion too much liabilty building a place like that. 1 serious injury or death and it'll be your ass.

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,362 Posts
go for it but for real get a waiver written by a lawyer so it has some wait

·
is it Spring yet?
5 Posts
I think that there are some attys on the forum not giving any help to the situation.... wheres the love????

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,538 Posts
Tubbed S-10 said:
Laying blacktop two blocks long cost ALOT more than you think. And in my opinion too much liabilty building a place like that. 1 serious injury or death and it'll be your ass.
exactly! I would image the insurance costs alone would be sky high!
If you plan to charge people to use it, you're going to have to file the necessary documents with the state and pay the required taxes. Now, to cover your costs, you're going to have to charge an amount that will alow you to at least break even. Realistically, is the stunting population in your area large enough to justify this venture? If so, how much do you plan to charge? If you charge to much, the stunters won't come. If you charge to little, you wont' be able to pay your expenses. Besides, most of the stunters that I know PREFER to stunt on the street rather than stunt in a limited amount of space.....especially 2 blocks.
After people pay the "admission" to stunt on your property, will they have a certain time limit? i.e. 3 hours for $10-$20 I'd imagine that you wouldn't want more than 5-10 riders stunting at a time. 2 blocks really isn't that big, and the space will get crowded pretty quick.
In addition to all of this, you're going to have to worry about zoning issues, because I can almost guarantee you won't be able to set anything like that up within city limits. (who want's an open stunt area next to their home or business)

I wish you the best of luck, but I dont think this idea is worth the headache.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts