Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone...

I think I need to ask everyone here. Have you ever been rudely recieved just because you got a motorcycle and ride it... like it should ;)

Last week I went a couple of "laps" in the city (like to cruise and show my bike off HAHA POSER!!). So to the reason i wrote the subject. I came through a tunnel and hit the kill switch to make a backfire, cuz it gets so DAMN loud for the people walking in it :D and as I just slowly stopped for a redlight some old man with gray hair started yelling and waving at me with his fist.
I couldn't understand what he was saying.. I just nodded at him :yesnod and said thank you :thumbup

Next.. I continued a bit and took left at the stoplight. Continued forward and then right after a nice rolling stoppie towards a stop. Nothing wrong with that and the people around me seemed to enjoy it as they all smiled or looked envious :finger
Went right and found that hey.. I'll park here.. so up I went towards a parking for bicycles. Nothing wrong with that either but there was an elephant coming, 25 year old or so bitch with a temper, and she right away said "**** YOU" and gave me the finger. And then she HIT ME in the back and walked off. I couldn't just "slap her" :lol or give her a push or anything I just.. "Umh ALRIGHT.. now that's one heavily retarded woman".
Took off fairly quick cuz I apparently wasn't safe there.. saw here across the street and DUDE, that rear was large enough to fit on elephant. Really! And she had these TIGHT sitting thin pants that balett girls has. Ugh! :ugh

Anyway, today I celebrated having successfully changed the gasket + the top of my egine to my old (from the '00 engine I have here) by practicing wheelies on the highway. There is no wind today. It's +11c and NO WIND! and SUN EVERY with a Beautiful! blue skye! I love it!
I successfully hit 4th gear several times. I began the wheelie either in 2nd or 3rd and then shifted all the way to 4th. No reason to pull in 5th.. it was fast enough!!
Fastest was 213km/h. I could've gone faster.. but like I said, it was fast enough. It's nice to see when you pass cars at that speed that they move out of the way freely. :D I got a quick slapper after passing a couple of bigger cars... which made sort of a wind thunnel that made my bike wobbel enough so I had to let it down, quick. But it was alright.. I was up on one wheel immediately after :rock

That was just an extra story I wanted to share with ya.

I think you got many experiences with people getting angry at you just cuz you got a motorcycle.. right?

My solution to that is usually just to wheelie past them as a guesture that I really don't care.

Oh about wheeling past cars.. and people. I wheelied past A LOT of REALLY NICE looking Swedish chicks!!(in cars) Dang! Love it!

Also got to do 70 miles of twisties today. I'm all sore after that!

I love my R1!!! :rock

· Ride safe boys.
1,845 Posts
Yes, I've gotten yelled at before... By my mother. She and my father were, "very disappointed in me" :( about my choice to start riding motorcycles. Well... I sold my old bike and moved from Wisconsin to Montana. They thought that I was done with bikes, (little did they know:D). So... I bought a '00 R1. Unfortunatley when they were visiting me I had some pics out of friends, wheelies, bikes,... yada, yada, yada. Good 'ol mom saw that and asked if I had a new bike, of course I was stuck,:confused: so I told her I did and that was that. I don't mention the bike and neither do they.

As for people when I'm driving around? Yup, get A LOT of evil looks when I am in full leathers racing around. When we are passing people too, sometimes a car will swerve out to not let the next couple of bikes pass. That usually results in the finger and a couple of revs when yah do pass. :finger

I think there was a quote somewhere once about how the world would be a happier place if everyone rode motorcycles. Can't remember where it came from though. :)

· Illuminati
1,059 Posts
Swedie, you should have did a burnout and flung hot rubber all over her fat ass.:yesnod

· Mass
1,013 Posts
I've never encountered people being upset about my riding a bike, all i've seen are thumbs up and people begging for wheelies etc....

This really pisses me off, i hate it when stuff like this happens, some fat chick decided to come along and hit you in the back and what recourse do you have??? None!!! If it was some guy you'd get off and beat him down, but of course you can't do that because she's a woman. I really hate it when women take advatage of the law and their position in society to randomly 'abuse' people.

· ÆNIMA
200 Posts
You honestly should EXPECT to catch flack from 'Upright honest citizens' whenever you perform acts of hooliganism on your bike man. That's just the way the world is. Wheelies, endos, burnouts, intentional backfires, all that stuff is classified as hooliganism. Don't get me wrong here, I don't think there is anything wrong with hooliganism at all. In fact, I enjoy it very much, but I accept what it is. And I accept the fact that I will occasionally get negative responses to my hooliganistic (I just made that up, I think) behavior. And in all honesty, that's been the only times I've gotten any sort of serious flack from pedestrians.

· R1 eats for luch any bike.
384 Posts
hey mates ......... yes i've been yiled many times ...i even had few cars opening doors on me when i was in a rush doing double or even triple speed limit ....... one time there was traffic like 3 set of lights where cars were stoped ... so i decided what the hell i went on the grass and sidewalks .... kinda "off road thing" younger ppl were saying "yah right on...blah blah blah ....." and damn old ppl like 60 + yo were swearing at me like i never heard off that age ppl swearing before ..... im not gonna copy what they were yileing, it's brutal... anyways they dig wheelies ......:rock :rock

· Slideways.
120 Posts
don't u just hate a-holes like that? :confused: People in Los Angeles close the gap all of a sudden so you can't pass in between cars when lane sharing during traffic... :confused: a big :finger to all of you. :mad: You don't see me talking on my cellphone, eating a freakin burger, reading a newspaper, or doing crossword puzzles while riding. Sheesh. :no

· Premium Member
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this fat b-tch did it with NO reason. I just happened to get in her path. :machinegu

Sure, if I stunt in the middle of traffic I sure can expect a couple of harch comments but most over her dig it.

I wheelied on the highway where a big mall is right next to the road and it's clear inbetween. I think they all liked it cuz I was in 4th gear and doing 200+ :D

Oh, btw, all the stunting I do are safe. I do not wheelie when there's immediate danger to anyone else. really! :)

I should be pretty famous in this fairly small city :)

· Banned
865 Posts
hey BoyRacer

I commute daily down 101 from SF to rw city, but awhile back I had to go down to LA and brought the bike, commuted the 405/605/5 from orange to downtown for a couple of days.

Now 101/SF traffic is no joke and I had gotten pretty good at flyin through it, but man LA traffic is a whole different ballgame!!! gaps opening and constantly closing, always narrow as shit. At least people don't change lanes as much, but I clipped my mirrors WAY too many times for comfort.

so if you are out there consistently splittin that traffic, cheers m8 and good onya

· I see Sluts!
853 Posts
Seems most cops around here have a hard on for f*cking with sport bikes. The harass us about our "loud" pipes, but leave the non baffled, richened way passed smog legal Hawg alone. (I know Indiana doesn't have sniffer tests)
Every cop I pass on duty gives me a stern look.......the other day a group of us were parked and watching all the drunks.......when one came by to tell us to move..........and he wouldn't look at us, he was talkin to the stars or something.
Monday I was a lil laxed in mailing my taxes out, seeing as it was the deadline and all, and 4 area post offices were nice enough to stay open till midnight for me and all the 1000's of others...... Weather was nice, so I took the bike........I got to the entrance off the main road to the branch, and there must have been 100 or so cars in line :( I thought for a mintute, and remebered another entrance 1/2 block up.....:rock I snaked out of line and went up turned in and pretty much ended up at the front of the line :finger Talk about dirty looks and faul language when I was leaving.........I would have done it in my car too, but the bike seems to fit places the car doesn't :crash
But to answer you question, all the time........and not too mention the comments the psuedo Harley owners always have to say about my "rice burner"

Craig:eek:

· This...is a...a...suck!
1,268 Posts
I see your frustration Swedie. I actually had a hammer thrown at me when I was on my bike. It missed me, but not by much.

To your point. I think that I am going to make a line of spandex that has a weight limit to it. If you are this tall you need to be this weight to wear this size.

· One time at band camp.......
158 Posts
Just wanted everyone to know we in Kansas also have cops that are jerks! (also some cool cops) About 2 weeks ago I was coming home from work and I just hand to roll an endo up to a red light. Right after that I look to my left and there turning the corner was an off-duty copy with his wife and kids in the car. He gave me the stare-down. So I just smiled and waved. After that I realized I should not have endo'ed there. Will be more selective from now on. But here in town of about 50k people are very conservative, And if you are riding a sportbike the speed limit, you are speeding, according to them. We get :finger all the time. Just something we have gotten used to. Laters.............

· Registered
14 Posts
you think thats bad....1 year ago on my gixxer, before i got the R1, i did an endo (stoppie) at the light and this rice rocket flys barely stops under my wheel while i was near vertical and i slammed on his car, but of course it was all the bikes fault for lifting my wheel off the ground, i think bikers need some civil rights, we need to do a million biker march of some sort...:D :finger

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.