Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
15,000 Feet and falling....
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen an ad in the cycleworld magazine. It was for a trailoring system that goes right on the back of your suv/truck. The bike is almost on like a ski rack.

I had the magazine but I left it in the [email protected] aiplane seat pocket :2bitchsla

I want to investigate prices and see if anyone knows what they are like.

Thanks

·
_
82 Posts
i have the magazine right here, its called the moto-tote. the web site is www.mototote.com. looks cool. the ad dosent have a price. hope that helps.

·
My R1 Is My Therapy....
424 Posts
I have one that i picked up at the dealer expo in indy last weekend.......It was made by joe hauler.........great quality and had all the same features as moto-tote.......I used it last week to haul my r1 around for a while and it worked beautiful......2000 landcruiser and it realy didnt squat that much.......:thumbup

·
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awsome thanks. I have a Jeep Liberty and I don't have room to store a trailer at my house and this set up looks really clean.

How hard is it to take the joe hauler on an off?

Thanks

·
My R1 Is My Therapy....
424 Posts
Frontside720 said:
Awsome thanks. I have a Jeep Liberty and I don't have room to store a trailer at my house and this set up looks really clean.

How hard is it to take the joe hauler on an off?

Thanks
It weighs about 75 pds....If you are not a total wimp its not too bad....lol.....But really its pretty easy to hook right up and loading is a snap......I will be using it alot this year for my streetbikes......:thumbup

·
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did the bike bounce around a lot?

Would you feel secure with it on the back for about 400 miles?

Thanks for your info.

Attachments

·
An R1 a day keeps Dr. away
161 Posts
I bought the Versa-haul and carried my R1 from Hollywood to San Jose (380+ miles), without incidents, They go for about $360-410, good quality, installation is easy, about 85-90 lbs They have an anti-tilt bracket that reduces wobble considerably and it's included.

:crash

·
My R1 Is My Therapy....
424 Posts
Frontside720 said:
Did the bike bounce around a lot?

Would you feel secure with it on the back for about 400 miles?

Thanks for your info.
Very little at all.......Ill be hauling my bike to fla. alot this year, no problem......

·
Can we all say steering damper
117 Posts
I used one to go to bike week one year. Its kinda cool cause you can pretty much drive regular. No extra weight and swaying issues like with a trailer. Only thing I didnt like was the whole trip I was sh*ting bricks hoping my bike wouldnt fall off. Also you need a truck that is sort of high in the back. I was using a Conversion Style Van and it seemed to scrape every once in a while when driving into parking lots.

·
Off Topic mod
11,194 Posts
I think that contraption is great for someone that does not have the space for a tailer... but I would still choose a trailer over it :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts