Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some assistance from you all on this project....I have 02 r1 w/ Graves Tit syt, ram air box,velocity stacks and a pc3. I have a budget of $2,000 to work w/and I'm thinking about milling the head and installing Graves Intake cam kit. Maybe pistons, but I don't know to much about those. I need advice on wheather this is a good thing to do. The bike has about 15k mi, but still runs hard. If I did all of this head wk, cam will I be pleased w/ the hp? All suggestions taken......

·
Registered
3 Posts
having that much money to work with I suggest sending your head to Lee's Performance in Charlotte. I'm sending them my motor for a stage III upgrade next week.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My buddy has headwork and the Graves intake cam on his. 159 horsepower at the rear wheel. The biggest difference is in roll ons. He literally walks away from me in 4th, 5th and 6th gear roll ons. Any my bike pull all 3 of my buddies 02 and 03 GSXR 1000's. My bike dynoed at 150 hp w/just the Hindle full race and pcIII

·
Just let me think about that !
656 Posts
If you want to go faster get your suspension done.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I too need to work on my suspension. I just installed a full sys, boxR, vStacks, PCIIIr and it runs great. My new problem is (if you want to call it that) is from roll ons around 40 or 50 mph in 2nd it wheelies to easily. I'm thinking of raising the forks a little. I'm not wild about straping the forks down but will if need be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts