Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I was out riding yesterday when i had my first race with an r1 of my generation (3rd). There were actually two R1s and i beat both of them by a good margin. My bike is 100% stock and theirs had slipons. But later at night i went over a curb and dented one of the tubes on my header. It isn't a very big dent, maybe about a the size of the tip of my pinky finger and only 1/4" inset at the deepest part. Of course the dent is on the bend of the pipe. So my question is could this little dent hurt my factory freaK? Cause it doesn't feel any slower.

·
Registered
190 Posts
i would think that even a slight dent would affect the exhaust flow....we have shops here that could get this dent out by compressing some sand in the headers.

I've heard plenty about this technique but never seen it being done

·
Il Padrino
1,995 Posts
I got a small dent in one of mine too from road debris, probably about the size of yours. I didn't notice any difference but wanted to replace them anyway.

I called up a few motorcycle shops and dealers and found one with a set of brand new headers off a bike someone bought and brought in to have a full aftermarlet system put on and didn't want the stock headers back. I paid $75 for the headers with exup valve!

·
Registered
633 Posts
mxracer95 said:
I got a small dent in one of mine too from road debris, probably about the size of yours. I didn't notice any difference but wanted to replace them anyway.

I called up a few motorcycle shops and dealers and found one with a set of brand new headers off a bike someone bought and brought in to have a full aftermarlet system put on and didn't want the stock headers back. I paid $75 for the headers with exup valve!
Stock headers don't come with that valve? Or is it just Cali bikes don't come with those headers? Excuse my ignorance on the exup valve.:dunno

1 - 4 of 4 Posts