Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
R1
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took my R1 out tonight for the first time. Every car that past me high beamed me. I did notice the beam pattern is a bit high on the new R1's.

Did anyone experience this? and Does anyone know if the 04 low beams can be adjusted??

·
Kitty kitty... RRRR
1,712 Posts
Is it different from the other models? Does it have headlight screws (possibly in the two corners of each headlight's back panel)?

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
284 Posts
Did you have your high beams on? :D I installed HID's in mine, and I can see the beam pattern quite clearly... It's actually but off at a certain point... Haven't had any problems at all....

I haven't seen at adjustments on mine... Nor does the owner's manual talk about any...

·
R1
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My high beam was not on, I even high beamed back at the cars just to show them i'm not high beaming them.:dunno

My beam patterns is even and not off, but it shoots pretty high.

·
Taming the power btwn my legs!
610 Posts
Screw em man. At least they see you!!! Don't worry about it. They can deal with the 10 sec it takes for you to pass them.

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
284 Posts
SpoonEvo said:
My high beam was not on, I even high beamed back at the cars just to show them i'm not high beaming them.:dunno

My beam patterns is even and not off, but it shoots pretty high.
Weird... Mine is pretty low.... It's about where the license plate is... I'll double check tomorrow night to be sure tho...

·
Transmission Abuser.
1,571 Posts
Maybe you should lose some weight ? :lol

j/k bro.

·
I once thought life was dull ?
53 Posts
You all are so funny! Take some quality time and look closely at your rig. Look into the headlight, essentially above the bulb in the reflector area and notice the little screw protruding thru. Point at it with your finger and keep your finger there, then look beyond your clip ons and line the bolt head up with your finger. That's the adjustment screw you're point'n at.

I upped my headlights somewhat to point into their faces. At least you know they can see you :hellobye !

Ride safe ya'll

-nvicta

·
i need my bike before i snap
246 Posts
SpoonEvo said:
I just took my R1 out tonight for the first time. Every car that past me high beamed me. I did notice the beam pattern is a bit high on the new R1's.

Did anyone experience this? and Does anyone know if the 04 low beams can be adjusted??

FOR ****S SAKES ARE YOU A RETARD!!!!!! IF YOUR LIGHTS ARE TO HIGH THEN LOWER THEM ....... THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE...... IF THIS SOUNDS HARSH IT IS BECAUSE I WENT TO A HOUSE PARTY AND I AM TOTALLY SHIT FACED......

·
Bollocks.
11,955 Posts
Nvicta said:
You all are so funny! Take some quality time and look closely at your rig. Look into the headlight, essentially above the bulb in the reflector area and notice the little screw protruding thru. Point at it with your finger and keep your finger there, then look beyond your clip ons and line the bolt head up with your finger. That's the adjustment screw you're point'n at.

I upped my headlights somewhat to point into their faces. At least you know they can see you :hellobye !

Ride safe ya'll

-nvicta
Its prob me but if u shine lights in their face wudnt that blind them? Meaning they cant see anything ne more?? or is this just me talking out of my ass cuz im tired?? :dunno

·
Registered
364 Posts
These light are so bright. I feel bad for the people I follow who have to totally adjust their review cuz of me. I was following my girlfriend in her suv and I could tell that the whole car was lit up on the inside because of me.

I know its legal but it will prob piss a cop off if you are following them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts