Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Not done yet!!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to lower my headlight beam. It is pointing too high and blinding drivers. Where is the adjustment for the beam height? Thanks.

·
Powered By YamahaR1 Technology
2,340 Posts
i do beliebe the 02/03 has them also.. the screws have caps on them i think.. i think i seen them.. never took the caps off though..

IXI

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yup!! People last year were flashing me honking at me and even when I was behind people they would flip me off. I was like WTF:dunno Is there cops ahead or what. I realized that I was blinding people every where. at least people can see me:lol

I found in my service manual the page that Kevap posted and loweed them slightly. I think I need to bring them back up slighty. It is hard to tell how much you are moving them when you do it with the lights on.

·
Super Moderator
24,052 Posts
sharknose said:
The very first line tells you its for BOTH lights......read what kevap posted...carefully.
:lol :lol :lol

Yes, the highbeams and lowbeams are, as you can see, one unit... moving them will adjust both of the lights. :D

·
PUUUURRRRRGGGE!
879 Posts
sharknose said:
The very first line tells you its for BOTH lights......read what kevap posted...carefully.
um.. I thought that meant both left and right headlights:dunno ... how in the world are the same adjusters suppose to work on both the low beam AND highbeam?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't see ware the horizontal adjustment is, am I blind or is not shown?

·
PUUUURRRRRGGGE!
879 Posts
ohhhhhhhhh..now I see...:crash I didn't realize both the headlights and the higbeams moved together...I guess I assumed you can do it sepereately... you see I was hoping to just lower the highbeam and use them at night too...

·
Registered
128 Posts
sharknose said:
The number 1 is for up and down and the number 2 is for left and right,they move as a unit like kevap said.

:moto:
For some dumb reason I was thinking one adjustment was to adjust the vertical lowbeams and one was for high.:dunno I never paid attention in school ether, sorry

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
This is a great post!!! I thought this whole time that I would have to drive around blinding motorists with the awesome power of the mighty R1's projectors....... THANKS

This is my favourite site on the net!!!!!! KEEP IT UP

·
Registered
61 Posts
hahaha, ive only had my bike for a week now and I too have been highbeam'd and abused due to the lights blinding people.

:rock i love the r1 lights!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think some of you are retarded. *snicker snicker*

I may adjust mine lower next year, but I dont mind them "flicking". Drive notice me, and I can see great, which is more important then their comfort.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts