Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
When In doubt...More Throttle!
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What optiions are available for the '04-R1?

ie., Piaa lights.......Also what type of /model bulbs does the '04 use"?

Thanx in advance

·
Taming the power btwn my legs!
611 Posts
The 04 uses H7 bulbs. They are single filament compared to H4s which are dual. PIAAs would be the way to go. Do some window shopping first. You can find great bulbs for cheap around the net. I just picked up a pair of PIAA Super Plasma GT-Xs for my 03 R1 and love them. Good luck!

·
When In doubt...More Throttle!
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Quick,
The '04 has 4 Bulbs....2 low & 2 High beam...how do I go about this?......In other words is there a dedicated Bulb for Low & another dedicated bulb for High beams?

Thanx

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
285 Posts
Correct... There are 2 low beam bulbs and 2 high beam bulbs... The high beam bulbs have an adapter on them... You'll need to pull them off the old bulbs and slap them on the new ones... All 4 bulbs are H7's...

·
My RR tempts me
654 Posts
Forget all the ricer blue bulbs and get some Phillips Vision Plus. Damn expensive to replace four bulbs though.

·
Taming the power btwn my legs!
611 Posts
BoogieDown-R1 said:
Does this mean after Replacing all 4 bulbs that all 4 lights will be on Low beam?
No, you are simply replacing the bulbs with better/brighter ones. You will still have your normal 2 low beams and normal 2 high beams. But seeing how you will need to buy 4 new bulbs, that would definitely get expensive. DO NOT buy cheap blue Discount Auto Parts bulbs, they will melt your harness. Save up some money for PIAAs. Good luck!

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
285 Posts
BoogieDown-R1 said:
Does this mean after Replacing all 4 bulbs that all 4 lights will be on Low beam?
No... The lens/housing are pointed up/down to make it high/low... The bulb itself has nothing to do with it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts