Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My first post here. I just bought a 2001 R1 for a dirt cheap price. As always, dirt cheap mean lots of problems. I have been able to fix pretty much all of them, as I am mechanically inclined but I am having an issue with my headlights. I have searched the forums but I could not find anything pointing to my particular problem.

When I turn the switch on, the headlights (both) come on. I don't know if this is normal or not for that particular year. It seems that my high/low beam switch is inverted. When the switch is in low beam, the high beam are on and so forth. What could be causing that? Also, I have one headlight relay but when I look at the manual wiring diagram, it shows two. Can anyone confirm is one or two? I cannot find in the harness another one. Can anyone take a picture of theirs?

Thanks,

Alex

· Is there anybody out there?
4,474 Posts
Both lights on, when the key is on, is normal. Also, schematic only shows one headlight relay(#45) on schematic. I'd check out your switch. The only way for the relay to turn on the brights is if it gets coil power through your hi/low switch.

Mark

· Hope is what makes us Human.
8,565 Posts
Both lights on, when the key is on, is normal. Also, schematic only shows one headlight relay(#45) on schematic. I'd check out your switch. The only way for the relay to turn on the brights is if it gets coil power through your hi/low switch.

Mark
:thumbup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.