Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
My R1 chews me
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have an 2000 R1 and recently something is wrong with the headlight. the light wont turn on. i checked the bulbs any everything including the fuse and it seem fine. is there any kind of relay that is doing this? beacause i start to learn how to power willie and when i come down, it slammed. is this the cause? any suggestion from you guys is greatly appreciated.

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Ya...you droped a wheelie hard....you shook somethign loose. Take a look at all relays and connectors. You probably disconnected something.

·
The One
64 Posts
I had a similar problem. I thought it was the relay, but it wasn't. Check the connection between the headlight wire loom were it connects to the harness. It is located under the left front panel near the fuse box. There you will find a connector. Disconnect it and check both sides of the connector. When I checked mine, I found that at some point the connector got to hot and the plastic around the pin that supplied power to the headlight melted inside the connector. So no contact was being made for the headlights to come on. I was not able to remove the melted plastic, so I just jumped the wire around the connector.

Good luck, hope you get the problem fixed.

·
My R1 chews me
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
D-R1 said:
I had a similar problem. I thought it was the relay, but it wasn't. Check the connection between the headlight wire loom were it connects to the harness. It is located under the left front panel near the fuse box. There you will find a connector. Disconnect it and check both sides of the connector. When I checked mine, I found that at some point the connector got to hot and the plastic around the pin that supplied power to the headlight melted inside the connector. So no contact was being made for the headlights to come on. I was not able to remove the melted plastic, so I just jumped the wire around the connector.

Good luck, hope you get the problem fixed.
damn you good D-R1,, thanks bro. that's exactly what happens. i followed you advice and took a look there, and definately the plastic is melted. first i couldnt get the connectors apart, but after a while i finally got it out. thanks again bro.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts