Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I had a problem with my R1 2008 headlights. I was riding at night and my both high and low beam lights went off. All other lights are still working problem but not sure what's the issue with the headlights. I checked fuse and relay which seems alright but still can't find that specific problem. Please suggest me what could be the problem and best possible solution. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I don't have service manual and yes front signals and odo meter lights are functioning.

·
Is there anybody out there?
4,059 Posts
Service manual is on the main mechanical/help page. You probably know already that your fuse is good because your turn signals and odo light work. How did you check your headlight relay? Your relay gets its control Voltage from the ECU. You should be able to see 12V across the relay coil between the red/yellow and yellow/black wires. You will need to have the key turned on to take the measurement. You could also have a bad ground on your headlight wires. Measure the resistance between the neg battery terminal and the black wires coming out of your head lights. Should be less than one Ohm.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts