Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 02 r1 my headlights are not working, the side running lights (in the headlights) are working and my blinkers are working. but no headlights. my bulbs dont look burnt out and my fuses are good, what could it be?

·
Registered
16 Posts
As he said relay or poor contact on main plug (left hand side infill panel area) or dodgy contact on switch. Does your overtaking light work, this by passes the relay and puts headlights on full beam, if this works it means your wiring is ok to a certain degree and puts emphasis on relay/light switch if that does not work more likely main plug (not headlight plugs) Hope this helps.

·
RIDE OR DIE
270 Posts
on my 02 r1 my headlights are not working, the side running lights (in the headlights) are working and my blinkers are working. but no headlights. my bulbs dont look burnt out and my fuses are good, what could it be?
If you have installed the cheap high watt light that will do it too because the head light harness can't handle the extra current. Thats what happen to me.

·
Your girl call me dirrty
202 Posts
its the connection on the left side pannel.
I had the same problem i used some short strands of wire to keep the connection. and had no problems since.
Open the connection the white connection find out witch port is not making a connection. May be the one with the most corode on it. Add the wire and things should work from there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i checked the fuses, all good, but the high beam indicator light does not come on in the dash when switched on, also my backlight doesnt work on my gauges is this on the same relay. but my gauges work. ??? please help

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, last night after i read your(diirrtyy) post i looked through my harness where the lights plug into the harness and sure as shit i had a wire that pulled out of the connector i touched the wires together and all the light came on including the dash. thanks for the suggestion to look at the connector.

·
Registered
158 Posts
its the connection on the left side pannel.
I had the same problem i used some short strands of wire to keep the connection. and had no problems since.
Open the connection the white connection find out witch port is not making a connection. May be the one with the most corode on it. Add the wire and things should work from there.
I love this forum, I lost my headlights coming home from work, I checked my fuses & connections and everything was ok, I was about to stop by the bike shop, and grab a set of bulbs, then I thought to myself theres no way both bulbs could blow @ the same time... so I said let me get home before it gets dark & search the forum, and sure enough the adding a wire to the connector trick worked like a charm, you guys just saved me an hour of shop labor & probably the cost of a new connector

·
Registered
1 Posts
i know this is a few years on now, but just for any future R1'ers, i also had the same problem, found this thread and solved the the problem...
Deffo the white connector plug..

Thanks...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.