Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i know is the underseat exhuast really very hot for pillion?

Any comments from your pillion?

Is it as hot as the duke or VTR?

Any comments will be appreciated.

thanks.

·
Jacksonville Jaguars Baby!!
116 Posts
no problem yet

my girl hasn't had any real complaints except for the compactness of the ride. I've asked her many times about heat and she's not complained once.... of course we've only logged about 400 miles... it's only been a week man!!! She has said that she's touched the heat shields a million times and she was thankful they were there because she can imagine how hot the pipe would have been. anyway, I hope that was helpful.

·
116 Posts
compactness...

she says that her legs feel cramped. the bend in her knees is too severe.... and by the way... she's a pretty small girl to begin with... she's about 5'5 and 120 lbs..... she says the seat is comfortable, she just doesn't like how much her legs get folded up.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I can imagine the heat issue will be a minor problem. I fitted under seat exhaust on my 02 R1, but the exhaust system pipes did not run directly under the driver seat, but alot side the bike like an RC51. From my experience of the 02, I found a good amount of extra heat feeding into my legs on the side of the bike.

I can only speculate that with the 04, having the heat travel directly upward to the driver seat, you have to consider the blockage from the plastic to the seat itself.

you might find more heat coming from the sides of the bike to your legs as I experienced on my 02..possibly then flowing towards your ass while riding.

I have no doubt my ass will be one hot cookie during hot summer riding, although I highly doubt it will be as extreme as some journalist are reporting. I think it seems as a big issue because this was never a problem with previous R1's, but it shouldnt be any worse then a Ducati, considering the duc seats themselves are thinner then paper, and doesnt leave much room to push the heat left to right..then travel entirely upwards.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As long as the heat from the exhuast doesn't do harm to my girl, i m fine with it.

but read a review on dun noe what magazine b4 that the rider experience some "MILD BURNING" on his knees..

·
Until it sleeps
5,422 Posts
one workd. carbon-fiber. Had and ackrapocib slip on badk in tha day. no heat, snice and cool when u touch int. but my ti araty gets pwerrty hot! dont touch it. but it sools off pretty fats too!

dont mine me, ive just had too much 151 oh oh and dite cok!!! bitch
Dr/atkins aint got nothing on this guy...new PR on squats! 315lbs 8 times!

·
Speed is good.
1,940 Posts
Re: compactness...

nsxer said:
she says that her legs feel cramped. the bend in her knees is too severe.... and by the way... she's a pretty small girl to begin with... she's about 5'5 and 120 lbs..... she says the seat is comfortable, she just doesn't like how much her legs get folded up.
That sort of sucks because me wife is all legs.. Oh well - she'll have to deal with it!

·
Banned
3,449 Posts
Looneybomber said:
one workd. carbon-fiber. Had and ackrapocib slip on badk in tha day. no heat, snice and cool when u touch int. but my ti araty gets pwerrty hot! dont touch it. but it sools off pretty fats too!

dont mine me, ive just had too much 151 oh oh and dite cok!!! bitch
Dr/atkins aint got nothing on this guy...new PR on squats! 315lbs 8 times!
:lol :lol :beer

·
116 Posts
check her out....

ok, don't tell me i'm the only one that caught this??....
nice!!!! Trust me... she has no complaints about that....-or-...... maybe she's just really good at fakin it! anyway, here is a picture for those of you wondering how big/little she is.....

·
Registered
587 Posts
draco1 said:
As long as the heat from the exhuast doesn't do harm to my girl, i m fine with it.

but read a review on dun noe what magazine b4 that the rider experience some "MILD BURNING" on his knees..
that knee burning has nothing to do with the underseat exhaust system or even the pipe system itself. that has to do with the frame being hot. The fact that the frame is black, it will attract more heat during the sun. If you wear shorts your going to get burned. This is an issue with all black framed bikes..not just the R1.

this even holds true on my 02 R1...but if you wear pants its not a big deal.

whoever prints this stuff really has nothing better to do or doesnt know what else to talk about. I mean to complain or even talk as if this mild burning issue is a problem with the bike itself is ridiculous.

its common sense, dont wear shorts, all frames get hot, especial if you have a black frame...

these little minor compliants your hearing about the new R1 are simple stupid...it goes to show me at least how well the New R1 really is..because if you have nothing other then to complain about heat issues, and your knee getting burned...which for one is common sense, and two you cant work over the heat issue, its not something that yamaha did wrong..thats what happens when you put under seat exhaust on a bike..and please, dont wear shorts when you ride...otherwise you will get burnt...on any bike..not just the 04 R1.

·
116 Posts
yep

yep, she's from dallas and I see your from texas. Now she lives in Florida with me. Small world huh!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts