Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BANNED!
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a nice heat shield for my high pipe, preferably something nicer than the one that came with the pipe (see below), also if there is one that does not have to be riveted on that would be a plus since i do not have a rivet gun, thanks!

Attachments

·
My dog Banshee kicking ASS!!
1,123 Posts
I have one that I'm selling with my Hindle system. ;) Buy the system, get the heat shield. LOL You can get one ordered from your local dealer. They cost about $14.00

·
BANNED!
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DogBoneR1 said:
I have one that I'm selling with my Hindle system. ;) Buy the system, get the heat shield. LOL You can get one ordered from your local dealer. They cost about $14.00
the heat shield comes with a free full hindle high pipe? cool!!!:p

·
Super Moderator
8,670 Posts
Contact Earache, I remember him posting one that he made - had some nice holes in it. Looked really good.

·
I eat gixxers for breakfast
90 Posts
well if you guys end up finding out where you can get one please let me know I need ont too I have a Hindle high mount and it keeps melting the air pockets on my tennis

·
My dog Banshee kicking ASS!!
1,123 Posts
Cobra makes them for cruiser pipes. You can get them in various sizes. A couple other cruiser pipe manufacturers make them as well. Cobras are the cheapest @ $14 a pop. They connect via hose clamp around your mid pipe.

·
Old, fat and slow
1,931 Posts
Corny said:
Contact Earache, I remember him posting one that he made - had some nice holes in it. Looked really good.
I can make them easily enough, but it sound slike the type he needs can be bought ready made for fairly cheap.

Like others said, check out the Harley and cruiser shops - they have tons of shields in various lengths and none are too expensive.

Eric

1 - 10 of 10 Posts