Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
My R1 thinks she's a Twin
847 Posts
Wow,INTENSE review man. I need a nap now lol!
Mike

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
The Helds are a great glove. It was either these gloves or the Heroic SPR pro. I ended up with the Heroic.

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,284 Posts
:shake Jeez dude!...I thought you'd bought a new bike or something! :lol

They're just gloves...but they're very nice. :boobies

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
7 Posts
Exposed kevlar on fingers

Bacchus,

I just received my pair of Titans. I'm very impressed with the level of protection, but am curious if your pair has the same issue as mine. On the tip of each pinky finger and about 2/3 down right side of each ring finer, there appears to be some exposed kevlar at the seams. Are yours constructed in the same way?

Thanks.

Paul

·
2005 Yamaha R1
1,665 Posts
Bacchus,

I just received my pair of Titans. I'm very impressed with the level of protection, but am curious if your pair has the same issue as mine. On the tip of each pinky finger and about 2/3 down right side of each ring finer, there appears to be some exposed kevlar at the seams. Are yours constructed in the same way?

Thanks.

Paul
Isn't that a wiper?

Ray

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ray,

There is a wiper, but I'm talking about what appears to be a stitching issue. If you zoom in real close on Bacchus' photos, you should be able to see the yellow kevlar peeking out at the tip of the pinky and 2/3 of the way down the ring finger.

Paul

·
2005 Yamaha R1
1,665 Posts
Ray,

There is a wiper, but I'm talking about what appears to be a stitching issue. If you zoom in real close on Bacchus' photos, you should be able to see the yellow kevlar peeking out at the tip of the pinky and 2/3 of the way down the ring finger.

Paul
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum!

Which photo are you talking about specifically?

I have these same gloves on order and they should be here next week. I'll be happy to check my gloves and take photos, etc.

Ray

·
Registered
7 Posts
Second picture from 1/16 post. Zoom in 2/3 down on the ring finger. None of the pictures shows the tip of the pinky, but it's the same issue. I say "issue" as if it's a problem. I don't mean to imply that; I just think it's a bit odd. I'll try to take a pic and post.

·
2005 Yamaha R1
1,665 Posts
Second picture from 1/16 post. Zoom in 2/3 down on the ring finger. None of the pictures shows the tip of the pinky, but it's the same issue. I say "issue" as if it's a problem. I don't mean to imply that; I just think it's a bit odd. I'll try to take a pic and post.
Not sure which photo you are referring to (can you post the message # as opposed to the date?). Or maybe just include the link?

Since the gloves are lined with kevlar, I would guess it might be because they want to ensure the kevlar is fully sandwiched between the leather and that the stitching has plenty of grip to hold it.

That's just a guess.

If you can post a close up photo of your gloves, that might be more helpful.

Ray

·
2005 Yamaha R1
1,665 Posts
I'm normally fairly tech savvy, but I can't figure out how to post pics. Help, please.
If you have a link, you insert the pic by clicking the little yellow icon with the mountain (insert image) while entering your message.

If you have the image on your hard drive, etc. you can use the "manage attachments" button below and upload them.

Ray

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
NOPE! SORRY...

i dont see any exposed material of any kind on the pinky finger at all... everything is tickidiboo as far as i can see.. i'll have a closer look at all the fingers just in case..

nothing of the sort as on your pics.. that is clearly bad stitching or even torn... i would have to say you got a bad batch.. but i'll have a closer look anyway...
if i look under the pinky-ring finger bridge at the stitching underneath everything is perfect... nothing cut up or torn... which would expose the kevlar lining..
tips of the fingers... i do not think the kevlar lining showing in the tip of the finger is an issue, it just happened to overlap the leather in that one spot..
the other parts though, clearly look torn... I would contact HELD regarding this immediately!

i'm gonna contact HELD on monday to see what they think about the current fitment and see if i need to go to a size 9.. their instructions on the website seem to contradict themselves abit regarding those like me who are obviosly on the limits of a certain fitment size..

NOTE* i actually just saw one of the stiches which seems kinda loose, i'll have to mention this to my supplier as well..!! thank you for mentioning..
there is nothing exposed but one of the stitches does seem loose... as in it didnt take.. clearly 3 or 4 actual stitches did not take... no biggie, looks like an isolated item, as in it does not
seem to be the case in the rest of the glove.

looking at your pics it looks like its torn.. does look like the kevlar lining as this goes all along the top of the hand right
from the gauntlet to the tips of the fingers.... I do see in your pics that there is a bit of yellow exposed in the actual tip
but again..

all i'm seeing in mine is one stitching which did not take.. it is on the pinky finger, where the black covers which contain the stingray leather
are stitched to the finger itself.. will be sending these gloves back for sure then!!..

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the reply. What's odd is that the issue is present on both gloves in exactly the same places. I think I'm going to exchange them. Irritates me that at this price: (a) I have to exchange them, and (b) I have to pay to ship them back.

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
when referring to pictures, its best to mention with post # you see the pic in.. we all have different resolutions and what happens to be half way down on your screen, could be completely different on my monitor...

post numbers are listed on the top right... this is post # 39

Thanks for the reply. What's odd is that the issue is present on both gloves in exactly the same places. I think I'm going to exchange them. Irritates me that at this price: (a) I have to exchange them, and (b) I have to pay to ship them back.
dont fret the small stuff... shipping should be about 5 bucks... yeh its a hassle, but some suppliers will even wave this if its clearly an issue where the
manufacturer's quality control technician was drinking the morning he shipped your gloves

·
2005 Yamaha R1
1,665 Posts
That looks like a defect, but I'm not 100% sure. I would contact the company.

My gloves are due to be here this week and I will check them over and let you know if I see anything questionable.

Ray

21 - 40 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
19 Participants
jcfz6r1
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing