Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
well, maiden voyage is today, so far i'm happy with the gloves, still brand new so i gotta break'em in yet.... :thumbup

·
Rx for 2nd mid-life crisis
551 Posts
Well the Phantom II's arrived, and will be going back for replacement ASAP. :shake
Going to get the Titans.
The stingray palm only goes 1/2 way, not like in the pictures that Held provides. I will say that the STG videos do show the real (short) version of the glove.
Also, the Fluorescent Yellow color doesn't look anything like the pictures at all. I figure it is due to the flash photography. I would call it lime-green.
Damn near Kawasaki green in real light. :ugh
Going to exchange and upgrade to the all black Titan.
As for the fit, they were nice! 9.5 is good for me. fingers are a little long, but no way a full 9 would be comfortable across my wrists, I know that for sure.
The Phantom II's are nice gloves, but for that much money, I want full palm sliding features, no compromises. :yesnod

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
good choice,! just saw this :yesnod

i've ridden a couple day with my Titans, still stretching a bit, but are
very comfortable and easy to operate the bike's controls with 'em..

i'm very happy with the product, outstanding workmanship! :thumbup

·
551 Posts
Forgot about this... I ended up returning the Titans. Well made strong gloves, but just too thick and restrictive to allow fast use of clutch and brake levers.
When lane-splitting, I have to have quick reflexes and these gloves were scary in how much they slowed me down.
I ended up getting some thin summer gloves from Cycle Gear; Sedici Torino. Good knuckle protection, but that's all.

·
2005 Yamaha R1
1,665 Posts
They take some breaking in, but I haven't had any issues with movement with mine. I'm able to brake/shift quickly and see no problems personally. What size are your gloves? I'm looking for a pair for all black 9.5 Titan's.

Ray

·
551 Posts
I returned mine.
Most expensive gloves I've ever bought.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
I don't think there is any glove made that is better than the Held Titan right now. The wrist protection is insane. You can whack your wrist against the edge of a bar or counter and not even feel it. I mean zero.

Check out the videos on youtube by Sport Bike Track Gear.. they just rave about them. Fantastic gloves.

Ray
I've been riding with these gloves for a few years now and crash tested them in July hard...

I will second the above comment, I'm 100% sure these gloves saved me from a broken wrist. Had bruises all up my wrist and arm for weeks...I had a nasty highside and slide for a while afterwards, had a bunch of scrapes and a few small holes in the gloves but they held up very well for what happened. That stingray leather is damn tough.

I had the wife sew them up with some tough nylon thread and I'm gonna continue using them.

Great gloves, comfortable and move well for me.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
19 Participants
jcfz6r1
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing