Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last week I picked up a set of used Helibars Tracstar clip ons to replace my Renthal clip ons. They arrived complete with only cosmetic wear and were straightforward to install. All the stock cables and hoses reached fine which was a big bonus for me wanting these clip ons. They also have holes predrilled for the stock controls. They came with nicely machined inserts for bar ends which are M6x1.0 thread. Once on the bike they make a HUGE difference in bar location. Much more ergonomic and comfortable yet still a good setup for more aggressive riding. They have a locating pin that allows for 19mm of front/back rotational movement at the end of the bars if the clip ons are installed against the bottom of the triple clamp. I have them rotated all the way forward due to my height and so far I'm happy with them. It'll take a few more days to get adjusted to them, but it's a nice change and they're very well made.

I'll also add I'm 6'2", and they don't feel terribly cramped for me.

Side view with the Helibars:

With the Renthals:

·
Banned
3,012 Posts
wtf, no offence to you but $299 for clip ons? f-that. I need something for my 15 looks like the only real option is find a old set of 0 deg vortex, apex (the pivot thing looks very weak to me so I'm kind of up in the air on apex), or woodcraft risers with the 10mm extension to clear the damn top clamp pinch bolt. but I'm afraid because of the extra 10mm forward it will be too far making it worse. between the pinch bolt on the top clamp and the low fairing the options are almost ziltch for any risers on the new R1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts