Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· MIEVL
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just needed to tell everyone what an absolutely amazing site this is. :rock I have been just stopping in lately and checking it out but you guys are amazing so I had to join the group. :hellobye

First off, Major Dilemma:eek:

I love the 2002 R1, but I have had my heart set on the styling of the 2001. Everyone here seems to be very intelligent about bikes in general. So let the pros and cons begin.

And just so you guys know, I'm not a rookie. I read just about every cycle-mag out there and just drove to Toronto from michigan to see the 2002 in person.

Thanks, Scotty Rock

p.s. Twisted, can you send me some pictures of your bike? If i'm right it's black and it's plate says something about Evil. I like you already!! ;)

· More metal than bone
456 Posts
:hellobye
welcome,

Best of luck to you on finding the fix for your ADDICTION, the same from which most if not all of us suffer/love/crave/spend loads of cash on.

Its all good though:rock :rock :rock

· 988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Welcome :hellobye

There is alot of good info here!! I personaly would not go with the 2002 just because of the fact that its the first of a new generation with the fuel injection. Now dont get me wrong I like the bikes styling very well,but I had an 84 vette and it had crossfire injection well I had alot of problems with that car and it was there first and last car with the crossfire injection that chevy made. Well You get the hint I wont ramble . Hey nice avatar the Starboyz ROCK :rock :rock :rock

FTP = F..K The Police

Here some pics I posted of the Boyz :rock

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=666&highlight=starboyz

· Premium Member
6,305 Posts
Hey man! Good thing you joined the board! :thumbup

The only thing I'm for on the '02 is the black body.. the other stuff is too sci-fi. But that's just me I guess.

I still like my custom painted '98 more than the '02. But I bet the fuel injection will smoothen out and make it even more responsive on the throttle.

You're not saying with the Avatar that you're from FTP are ya? ;)

And thanks for the nice comments about the site.
R1 owners are a bunch of really nice prics HAHA :D

· Nightmare About to Come True
1,889 Posts
:machinegu WELCOME :machinegu
Whats up bro welcome to the chaos. If you want pics of my bike they are here
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=371
Enjoy your stay. As far as the 2001-2002 problem ChampionR1 said exactly what I would have said,I ruffled a few feathers I think when I brought that up before but that is just one mans opinion(well two now);)

· Nightmare About to Come True
1,889 Posts
R1RIDER said:
TWISTED LOGIC WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS ONE IT IS MY OLD ONE THE ONE THAT WAS TOTALED NOW I HAVE A RED ONE ILL POST SOME PICS LATER
Man I have got to get a high mount pipe,I love that. Good move getting the red one, it is faster but not as fast as the black one;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.