Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2015 R1M
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking in from Island County. Took a break to raise a family, but am excited to rejoin the ranks of the sport bike community. Thanks for maintaining this forum in spite of all the challenges and changes in social media over the years.

See ya on the road!

·
Registered
2015 R1M
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, needless to say the previous owner invested a lot of money into this magnificent R1M. While I don't know all of its history, my brief story surrounding this incredible bike is interesting enough for some.

In 2017 I stumbled across this R1M exactly as you see it... in a small local Ducati dealership on consignment. It was winter, my off season, and I had just started a new job in a new industry so making a significant toy purchase was not the right call for a responsible person. Three years later, another new job but same industry, I hear a coworker talking about this amazing R1M that he bought a few years ago and had ridden only one time during a track day down south. It was part of his 15 bike collection, sitting in his climate controlled living room. The dots were connected and I shared with him the story of how I had nearly purchased his bike back in 2017. Six degrees of separation?!

A few months ago I overheard him talking to one of our other coworkers about selling his R1M to them. He wanted to make room for another HOG, but I said nothing in that moment... something that was really hard to control. They had worked together much longer and were much closer friends, so I figured he had forgotten about my near miss. Later I asked him about the conversation. Why hadn't he approached me first? He explained that since I was in the process of buying a house he didn't think I would be in the market. I asked him to keep me in mind if our mutual friend decided not to buy the bike... and he did... so here I am, the owner of one of the finest 2015 R1M super bikes available today. With barely 3k miles on her, a fresh set of unmounted Diablo tires, the original parts, and the carbon fiber rear seat cowling with track transponder... clearly, it was meant to be.

As soon as my fresh new gear arrives, I will let you all know how my first series of dates flow... my heart can hardly handle the wait!

·
Registered
2015 R1M
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The mods as purchased go as follows:

Marchesini Forged Magnesium wheels, shaving significant weight off of stock.

Brembo master cilinder for better sensitivity over factory unit.

SATO Racing rear sets.

Sprocket changed to 15/43 from 16/41... more user friendly.

Lightech chain adjusters.

CCU for data logging (Communication Control Unit).

NEW Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP, mounted as well as an extra set of track ready new.

MOTUL 300V factory line 10W40 Ester Core 4T 100% Synthetic Motor Oil... the BEST you can use.

Upgraded traction control... factory traction control was 1-9... new system expands what used to be 1-2 to 1-9, much better system as the factory 2-9 was almost useless.

Quick Shifter... installed.

Several esthetic and appearance related mods to protect and preserve the R1M's value.

I'm not totally sure what all this means, but she is AMAZING in the saddle and awesome from every angle both in application and as garage art. Am I in love?!?

YES... yes I am.

I apologize in advance for my over the top exuberance... it should be expected. ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Super nice. Looks like original brake fluid still.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts