Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Hello To All... John From Boston, 2000 R1

556 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Yamyjohn71 
#1 ·
Hey guys so I'm a new member as of today . I bought a 2000 R1 for 2000$ it's in really great shape I'll add some pics if I can . So I replaced the chain and sprockets. The valves sound like an adjustment is in it's very near future as well and my gear box? Second gear pops into neutral if I hit it hard at all if I baby it she will stay put .but other than those couple issues the bike is great gonna get new plastic and maybe exhaust depends on my financial state over the winter.. I don't have much history on the bike but seems to be in decent shape. The guy I bought it from was full of s#@t. He told me he raced it and won all these races but with the chain that was in it was so stretched out with the wheel all the way back I still had a good 2-3 inches of slack... So no way he raced it the Saturday before I bought it lol. Anyway I love R1's always have had a 99back in 04 what a rocket that thing was more than enough power for a few bikes . So anything else that's inexpensive that I should check or replace as I have no idea what was done to this bike or how she was treated?? Oh I also changed the oil & filter.. front tire. Any other suggestions are welcome thank guys.ride on brothers.....
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motorcycle fairing
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
Vehicle Red Motorcycle Car

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.