Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard rumors there is going to be a new helmet law in effect for Indiana in 2008. Has anybody heard of this? I am personally against helmet laws although I wear mine most of the time I just think it should be rider's choice.

· Registered
100 Posts
I havnt heard of anything yet for indy but it wouldnt suprise me since the crash rate for motocycle keeps going up. If they do it doesnt botter me i always were my gear.

· Buys too many toys...
1,171 Posts
i always wear my helmet unless i'm putting around the block just trying to make sure my bike is still running.

That being said I still think it should be the rider's choice I hate helmet laws. If some bonehead wants to go 100mph on the highway w/out a helmet it's their life to lose.

· Registered
4,780 Posts
That being said I still think it should be the rider's choice I hate helmet laws. If some bonehead wants to go 100mph on the highway w/out a helmet it's their life to lose.

Yeah but when a rider goes into a coma, the taxpayers have to pay to keep the jackass alive.

· Booya
34,924 Posts
Pretty liberal really..They have the Bean Blossom event and a Nudist camp also...We dont have stuff like that in Illinois..
You will always have outliers of course...but the state is considered a conservative state. Don't sell alcohol on sundays. Churches ever ten inches...etc...etc.

Just like Iowa...we are conservative as well...not so much as IN, but then you have Iowa City, the land of the hippies. It's like N. Cali here sometimes it's so liberal.

· R1 Addiction
16,761 Posts
personally i don't think there should be helmet laws, but you will never catch me riding without one. :no

· Rideaholic
332 Posts
You will always have outliers of course...but the state is considered a conservative state. Don't sell alcohol on sundays. Churches ever ten inches...etc...etc.

Just like Iowa...we are conservative as well...not so much as IN, but then you have Iowa City, the land of the hippies. It's like N. Cali here sometimes it's so liberal.

http://www.ponderosasunclub.com/sun-club.htm
http://www.usbikerparties.com/events/2004/inboogie/index.html

We aint got nothing like this stuff in Illinois...

The churchs every 10 miles or less is in North Carolina..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.