Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Is that right!
1,664 Posts
origanally i was after agv stealth but i cannot find one, so is16 by hjc it is....any good deals anyone know of, on bay for 120$...

·
Why does my R1 eat me?
278 Posts
I owned an EXO1000 for a little while. I found the flip down visor to be pretty ineffective. Seemed like it should come down about another inch or so. The sun shading reminds me of those cheap $10 sunglasses you buy at Walgreens. If the sun hits them at certain angles it actually reduces your visibility even more.

It is a heavy helmet (especially considering I use an X-11 on track) but did have some neat features.

In the end I prefer to have separate dark smoke and clear visors. If I know I'll be out when the sun's going down I put the extra visor in this:

You just wear it like a sling across your shoulder with the visor flush against your side. It disappears and you don't even know it's there. I think it goes for less than $10 at most stores.

·
Is that right!
1,664 Posts
looks good, but i wana roll on a cheaper side, i use plugs whern i ride anyway, and most of the time the shield is open during day with sunglasses inside...

any vendors want to do 100$ for a new hjc is 16, pm me....

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is a looooong argued topic man! I have found that everyone i ride withhas a different opinion about it. I personally went down at 70mph and survived just fine with the HJC with the second visor. I actually loved that helmet, that is until I bought my Shoei. When Shoei can make a helmet with an internal visor and it be just as quiet as my RF1000 then I will buy another one. Until then, I think I will stick to a Shoei!

·
Is that right!
1,664 Posts
This is a looooong argued topic man! I have found that everyone i ride withhas a different opinion about it. I personally went down at 70mph and survived just fine with the HJC with the second visor. I actually loved that helmet, that is until I bought my Shoei. When Shoei can make a helmet with an internal visor and it be just as quiet as my RF1000 then I will buy another one. Until then, I think I will stick to a Shoei!
hey, how does shoei rf 1000 size-wise compare to hjc is16, is that the one you had? is shoei true to the fit as hjc??

·
Registered
11 Posts
I believe both of my helmets are the same size. The shoei and the hjc. Sorry it took me so long to reply. Yes, shoei is true to size.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
1290!
8,635 Posts
Shark Vision R and Speed R are sweet helmets... both are on my short list of next helmet.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts