Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a used 98-99 R1... What kind i expect to pay for one of these? I am going to look at a 99 this weekend and they are asking 5800... Seems kinda high to me for a bike that is 5 yrs old...
thanks guys
 

·
Need... More... Trackdays
Joined
·
887 Posts
prepair for flamege:rock
 

·
MY Bike Blows Me
Joined
·
126 Posts
I Got 6500 Out Of My 99 It Was Polished & Chrome 18000 Miles
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup this is going to be my "own" first street bike:rock

Im hoping to find a 98 bone stock with decent miles... Looking to spend 4500 if possible...
 

·
Need... More... Trackdays
Joined
·
887 Posts
refer to previous statement
 

·
Helmets SAVE lives! Wear One!!
Joined
·
597 Posts

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
Joined
·
14,362 Posts
let the flaming begin i am so tired of answering questions like this but 5 is not a bad price by no means when you wreck it i will pay 10 dollars for it
 

·
Until it sleeps
Joined
·
5,432 Posts
Ok, U know what, a 98-99 R1 makes for a good street bike. Lota low end torque so its easy to take off casually from light to light. U dont have to run it in high RPMs to have power so u can keep heat down and save on gasmilage. I say its a good choice,however being your first bike, prepare to shit your pants a few times, and respect that throttle!!!! Get gear with the money u save on a new bike and again respect that throttle!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Okay, I will bite.

If this is your first ever motorcycle you are a fool!!! You know it and everyone else here does too. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason or excuse to need to start out on one of these. Hopefully you do not add to the statistics of what are going to make the popo crack down harder on all of us, or become one of the many guys I have met that says "yeah I used to have a suzuki ninja CBR 1000... man that thing was fast till I wrecked it. you are just going to hurt yourself too"

Post the wrecked bike on here after you dump it. I could use a couple parts.
 

·
It's ALL ABOUT THE RIDE!
Joined
·
841 Posts
:corn :corn :corn :corn
wow that's all the flamage,... i think everyone is all flamed out
 

·
CCS #228
Joined
·
881 Posts
docepares said:
:corn :corn :corn :corn
wow that's all the flamage,... i think everyone is all flamed out
probably, we only get this question 2 or 3 times a week
 

·
It's ALL ABOUT THE RIDE!
Joined
·
841 Posts
LoL true that

btw u still up hit me up on aim me so bored and i can't fall asleep send u pm for sn now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CrowMagnum said:
Okay, I will bite.

If this is your first ever motorcycle you are a fool!!! You know it and everyone else here does too. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason or excuse to need to start out on one of these. Hopefully you do not add to the statistics of what are going to make the popo crack down harder on all of us, or become one of the many guys I have met that says "yeah I used to have a suzuki ninja CBR 1000... man that thing was fast till I wrecked it. you are just going to hurt yourself too"

Post the wrecked bike on here after you dump it. I could use a couple parts.
I said this was my first "own" bike... My older brother has 2 (03' R6 and 900rr ) so ive always had a bike to ride for years:finger :finger :rant I came on this board to learn more about the R1 ect ect... Also to find out whats a good price to pay for a used R1.... just because Kelly's blue book states one thing and a dealer states another doesnt mean thats what i should pay for a bike. Thats why i came over here to the "experts" to find out what they would pay...

"Yeah I used to have a suzuki ninja CBR1000 remark" :boom :rant :finger
 

·
Beer me
Joined
·
3,889 Posts
Where about do you live? If you're looking for a bone stock 98-99, you're probably looking at about $5500 for a personal sale and $6000 at the dealer. That is, if the bike is in near showroom condition. If the bike's been dumped, that's a different story. Oh, and welcome to the forum!:beer
 

·
Not enough of Motorcycling
Joined
·
108 Posts
Izover4u said:
I am looking for a used 98-99 R1... What kind i expect to pay for one of these? I am going to look at a 99 this weekend and they are asking 5800... Seems kinda high to me for a bike that is 5 yrs old...
thanks guys
Buy mine for $5500. It got lots of goodies on it. Bike in CA.
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top