Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Not an R7, next best thing!!
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys need help,

I am putting back together my clutch and in my bag for the pressure plate assembly (I bagged and tagged everything when I was taking it apart), there is a washer that is not in the manual and I have no idea where it goes???. Please see the attached pic. The green arrow is the piece I am talking about?

Also, does anyone know which is the correct way the rounded edge on the steel clutch plates face? Toward the engine or away? I have gotten a response (thank you by the way) that the rounded edges faces out. Is this correct?

I am stuck at this point because of this dang washer item. Could it be an after market piece. That would explain why it is not the manual? I don't believe I bagged it wrong.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,878 Posts
OK, yeah 19 looks like the only possibility. He has #12 next to it in that picture and 12 is larger than 19.

·
Registered
160 Posts
OK, yeah 19 looks like the only possibility. He has #12 next to it in that picture and 12 is larger than 19.
That's what I was basing my scale on, the center hole in #12.

I've had parts unexpectedly fall out because they weren't shown in the manual, therefore, didn't know how they went back in. Those fiche have saved my ass!!

·
Not an R7, next best thing!!
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gentlemen...

Can't tell you who much I appreciate the help. I studied the schematic in the parts catalog also and kept coming back to the #19 also. So I took the clutch housing(Primary driven gear comp) off and sure enough. So I am in the process of putting her back together now. Have a blessed evening fellas.

and thanks again.

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,019 Posts
havent ran an oem clutch kit for years, had no idea what i was looking at :lol

but yes the micro-fiche is a lot more help than service manuals ever are.

i often take snap shots of random shite as I work on my bikes, comes in handy.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
13 & 14 is the shutter/diaphram spring. flat one goes in first then the angled one the manual will show that. you can pull it apart and run a zip tie through in future but now you know how it goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts