Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Help sort out the problem.
I bought a crashed R1M without a dashboard. Then I bought a dashboard from R1 on eBay. The seller assured that this panel is suitable for R1M.
Today I installed the instrument panel on my motorcycle, but there is no electronic suspension setting in the settings menu.
Tell me what can be done so that the suspension settings appear. Perhaps I need to update the dashboard firmware? How can I do that?
Thank you for your responses

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tom, you might want to say hello in the newbie section.

Regarding your question I don’t know, you would think it would be as simple as you suggest. Hopefully the guys on here will know.

Worse case scenario I guess is you have to by another one... hope it doesn’t come to that....

I’ll ask your question on the UK forum (hopefully I’m allowed to say that )

Hope you get it sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
24,528 Posts
Don't believe anything you see on ebay. It's all just peeps trying to sell inferior chinese products.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I’ve asked around and have been advised that the dashboard for the standard R1 and R1M have different Yamaha part numbers and it was suggested this was todo with the ECU and ERS.

As I said previously, I’ll check with my dealer next week, however in the mean time I did find the link below that shows you how to switch an R1M dash into an R1 dash so all the ERS stuff doesn’t show up. Don’t know if it works in reverse...

Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve asked around and have been advised that the dashboard for the standard R1 and R1M have different Yamaha part numbers and it was suggested this was todo with the ECU and ERS.

As I said previously, I’ll check with my dealer next week, however in the mean time I did find the link below that shows you how to switch an R1M dash into an R1 dash so all the ERS stuff doesn’t show up. Don’t know if it works in reverse...

Good luck

Thank you for your answer!
It works!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts