Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Squid
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen thread on here, and I didnt save it. Having a hell of a time going though hundreds of similar subject threads to find it. Well, the thread was a howto with pictures and the installer cut one exhaust triangle all the way though and the other one only deep enough to take off the shield without going all the way though the can.

Any help would be appreciated.

· Track days here I come
702 Posts
I installed last night, here's a few tips I learned:

1. You may want to buy 1 size larger rivets
2. use JB Weld on the rivets
3. Practice getting rivets really tight on some practice objects
4. Have a good grinder cutting wheel for the spot welds
5. cover the muffler up with tape or something before grinding the welds as the sparks may mark up the mufflers

· Squid
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, will definately take them into considertation.. but just was wondering what to use jbweld on the rivits for?

I installed last night, here's a few tips I learned:

1. You may want to buy 1 size larger rivets
2. use JB Weld on the rivets
3. Practice getting rivets really tight on some practice objects
4. Have a good grinder cutting wheel for the spot welds
5. cover the muffler up with tape or something before grinding the welds as the sparks may mark up the mufflers

· No doot aboot it eh?
1,542 Posts
thanks, will definately take them into considertation.. but just was wondering what to use jbweld on the rivits for?
Because the damn things have a tendency to vibrate loose turning into annoying castanets. Doing any job twice sucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.