Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok fellows this is my first post so let me start by saying hello to everybody.
Now lets get to the problem. This past weekend I installed an ivans jet kit on my bike. It was a breeze, but then again I have done this a few times in the past. However, I haven't had time to synch. the carbs just yet. My Low fuel level incator light is blinking 3 times and then pausing for a few seconds and blinking 3 more times. I thought it would go away but it still persists. I know this is some kind of self diagnostic, and I'm sure it's telling me something is wrong. I can't seem to find any reference to a blinking fuel light in any of the service manuals. So, I thought I would see if anybody here has seen this problem.

Aside from the light the bike runs awesome. Nice and smooth all the way to the red line...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yelp, everything is connectd, and I did check the service manual.
I guess I'll pull things back apart one more time as I synch the carbs to make sure I didn't miss anything...

·
You think you can keep up?!
650 Posts
I have a similar problem except my light is blinking 8 times... The owners manual statest that this is ment to indicate a problem with the low fuel indicating system. Gotta look into this.

·
I eat all kinds of stuff
324 Posts
Stop by the local gas station and put some gas in there. You're going to run out soon.

:rock

·
Registered
14,028 Posts
! thing you should check is the fuel level sensor inside the tank;

Sometimes people dont want to splash their paint jobs and shove the nozzle a bit too far at the gas station and break the wire leading from the ground to the switch.

Run till almost empty,remove the tank,turn upside down,remove assembly and solder the wire back.

·
You think you can keep up?!
650 Posts
martinc said:
! thing you should check is the fuel level sensor inside the tank;

Sometimes people dont want to splash their paint jobs and shove the nozzle a bit too far at the gas station and break the wire leading from the ground to the switch.

Run till almost empty,remove the tank,turn upside down,remove assembly and solder the wire back.
I figured something was wrong with that sensor. I recently changed my tank... Well actually a friend changed the tank while I did the clutch. Something must have happend to the sensor during this.

Thanks MartinC

·
Left 4 Dead
2,509 Posts
R1UpOnOne said:
Stop by the local gas station and put some gas in there. You're going to run out soon.

:rock

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:2bitchsla

1 - 9 of 9 Posts