Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I've just finished building my 2001 r1 powered car, its mental 0-60 is just over 3.5 secs :). Now its finished I want to give it a name down the side of the bonnet as it gets a lot of interest as to wants under the bonnet.

Can any of you guys think of a good name to call it that uses the R1 sysmbol as on the bike ie. PR1MAL FEAR, BR1NG IT ON or R1-POWER etc etc.

Cheers

John

Attachments

· PWN3R
1,366 Posts
looks good so far, more pictures bro ?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Nah it was from a crashed bike.

Its an MK R1 INDY its simular to a westfield but they only do the blade and Busa, the best thing is it cost all in £6000 and it will out perform most super cars, cannot wait until the summer comes over here in the UK. Oh and the next best thing is the insurance im 31 and it cost £175 a year fully comp :riding

I had a go with a guy the other week with a 2002 R1 he was shocked :rock

· GO CHIEFS!!!
6,866 Posts
:rock

Sweeet!!!

Ultimate R1 powered death machine.... :lol

- BA

· I suck less than you
466 Posts
I've wanted one of those for a long time now. The Megabusa in fact, which I'm sure you'll be familiar with.

There is no purer sports car......

..except for the Radical.

Still, that is one rippin' vehicle you have there and there are few things on this earth that could hold your corner speed.

I am envious. Very envious..

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeh a few of the guys on the yahoo BEC forum have busa power 1 even has a super charged busa :rock

The problem with the busa is the cost, its £3000 for the engine and then £1500 to dry sup it as it suffers from oil surge. Thats where the R1 has the upper hand, its £850 for the engine, no dry sumping and is only just under 30BHP down on power. so the busa is £4500 basic and the R1 £850 thats a lot of mods or a lot off spare engine incase you blow it :).

As you guys are the R1 forum, I've done the double diaphram spring mod to the clutch and fitted a krankvent ( is there any performance difference with this ) I fitted before I drove it.

Is there any other mods I need to do that wont cost the earth.

· Simon Says:
1,912 Posts
I like, Watch Out B1tch!

:D

Can I ask you a couple ???'s
I love how you used bike parts in some places

Is the motor mounted sideways? Looks like it by the way the pipes come out.

How much does it weigh? Doesn't look like there is much to it except in the rear maybe.

Is this car street legal? I guess so if you had to get insurance on it.

I wonder if there is something out there that outlines the bare minimums.

It looks really awesome. Great job buddy.

· 15,000 Feet and falling....
1,473 Posts
I've got one...

R1CE EATR

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi, The way it all bolts together is the engine is turned 90o so the pipe's stick out of the left side of the car and the sprocket is facing to the rear of the car. The sproket is taken of and a propshaft adaptor is bolted on in its place. this then gets bolted onto a 1 off propshaft that goes to the seirra xr4x4 diff at the rear. I've got the R1 Rad up front and I've also had to cut and turn the airbox 180o so it fits under the bonnet. I've used the ignition barrell/clocks/left and right switch gear basically most of the bikes running gear.

BEC or Bike Engine Cars are getting quite popular over here as they out perform most things on the road, I not met a car yet that hasn't been in my rear view mirror :)

Before building this I had never even changed an oil filter before so building a car should be impossible but its just common sence. The R1 is getting more and more popular ( because of costs ) so Kitcar manufacturers are starting to stock parts off the shelfs now.

A couple of guys off the forum have started to build there car with the new 2004 engine so that should be fun.

The best thing about this car is when you put the foot down in any gear it just goes, and when it goes the straight through exhaust sounds so sweet :). Many people take a second look as they expect to see a motorbike flying passed not a car.

oh and the weight is 460kgs so power to weight is very good and BHP per tonne is very good aswell.

Glad you all like the look of it.

John

· Registered
134 Posts
gbro1201 said:
How about caR1
:iamwithst LOL - without a doubt "caR1" for the name!

Is it just for street use or, do you intend taking it sprinting or racing?

My boss has just got into aprinting in a FZR1000-engined JEDI car. It is an awesome looking machine, like a mini F1 car in shape (will try to get some pics from him). He is looking at an R1 engine when this one goes bang, and it makes the work days fly-by discussing specs and performance enhancements!

Enjoy! :sneaky

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.