Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I am craving sushi.
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daughter wants a 14in laptop under 4lbs for Xmas. Any ideas? Between her grandmom, mother, my gf and myself the budget is 700. This will be her combo Xmas/birthday gift from all of us. She's in 9th grade now so I'm justifying it since she is not allowed to use my computer.

I was looking at this since it was 4lbs but I'm sure I can find a better deal if I shop around. The reviews on this aren't the best either.

Requirements are 8GB ram, 14" display, 1 HDMT, under 4.5 lbs, 500GB HD.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1354066027.405147.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
I am craving sushi.
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It can't be an iPad because she will be using it for homework quite a bit and we decides the smallest screen she wanted was 14".

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
37,490 Posts
ipad is perfect for a "she." Trust me... :fact

·
:-)
9,482 Posts

·
Pirate Brian
2,643 Posts
Don't bye HP. 7/10 laptops I work on are HPs. Really not made to last. Try and get a core i5 processor with over 4gb of RAM. Use windows 7 for the OS not Windows 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Pirate Brian
2,643 Posts

·
Pirate Brian
2,643 Posts

·
Pirate Brian
2,643 Posts
Also, steer clear of the extended warranties at big box shops. Save your money for a local reputable tech. It will be cheaper and you won't have some 19yr old best buy trainee learning how to repair pcs on your dime. I can't tell you how many times I've repaired something best buy has "fixed".

Ok off my soap box

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Pirate Brian
2,643 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
flyinfitz1
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing