Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Which Way From Here?
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my front Upper!! I have replaced my right side lower and Mid, and have run out of money to just buy a new piece!! My upper is still scratched up a bit, but luckily have no cracks!

I need advice on doing this repair by myself. I'll admit I know NOTHING about painting fairings...Is it possible to repair this little section without having to repaint the entire piece??? I've attached pics...

Appreciate any help!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
It does not look that bad. Check out the HOW TO section. There is a guy that painted his bike. He did a write up on how he did it. Good luck. send me a pic on how it comes out.

·
Registered
341 Posts
repaint the whole thing

·
You think you can keep up?!
652 Posts
Cost wise you might as well just buy another one and sell that one of ebay. In order to fix it my you will have to first repair the scratches with bodyfiller then repaint it. Unless you already have the equipment and paint (is pretty pricey) the whole process WILL cost you more than buying a new one. :fact

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts
YZFR1Freak said:
Cost wise you might as well just buy another one and sell that one of ebay. In order to fix it my you will have to first repair the scratches with bodyfiller then repaint it. Unless you already have the equipment and paint (is pretty pricey) the whole process WILL cost you more than buying a new one. :fact
Ditto - not worth the labor & materials, and spot painting will look worse. Save yourself some headaches & search for one on here or ebay :thumbup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts