Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
R1.. The fast kind
910 Posts
Don't know exactly what's the problem.
It looks like the steering stem is leaned forward compared to the hole in the top tripple clamp.

If the bike is standing on the front wheel or a race stand lifting in the bottom of the fork leggs the forks will be leaned backwards.

If it has the wheels to the ground, lock the front brake and carefully push the bike forward until the stem aligns with the hole.

Second thought was if the steering lock bolt was in the locked position?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I’m not 100% sure, but that sounds as though your bearing preload needs to be set. When you apply your front brake, rock your forks fore and aft, if you have “slop” you need to adjust as needed

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The top triple fixture cannot be inserted into the middle circular hole, and the hole position is incorrect.!!Mark position cannot be inserted into round hole InkedA_LI.jpg

·
Super Moderator
24,114 Posts
Take your forks out of the triple clamps. Adjust the triple clamp and then install the forks back into the triple clamps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, I am newbie, can you elaborate on the steps? thank you very much!

·
R1.. The fast kind
910 Posts
If the bike is standing on the front wheel or a race stand lifting in the bottom of the fork leggs the weight on the fork leggs will push the top tripple clamp backwards.

If the wheels are on the ground, lock the front brake and carefully push the bike forward until the stem align with the hole and push down tripple clamp....

·
Super Moderator
24,114 Posts
Thank you, I am newbie, can you elaborate on the steps? thank you very much!
Step 1 - Remove forks out of the triple clamps.
Step 2 - Adjust the top triple clamp to fit correctly over steering stem.
Step 3 - Install forks into the triple clamps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you, thank you very much for your help! I wish you all a Happy New Year! !! !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts