Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha, I just picked up this 07 had it for a month and it has intake, 2bros carbon slipons and just got a PC5(previously had juice box but previous owner said it fried). Problem is the bike idles from 1100-1300 and on pcv program shows it cuts out every few seconds to 0. I have change plugs and bought pcv to see if it would help but it doesnt. I've read forums couldn't find a similar issue. Any help appreciated thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bike has 37k miles, dont know if he did valve check, bike used to overheat real quick when first got it(changed thermostat and flush system), current issue is idle/sputter.
Has bst carbon wheels(which is cool), led lights, carbon 2bros, intake, before I bought it ,dealer just installed new clutch and sensors for clutch lever and kickstand sensor. I think I got a good deal?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Have you done a leak down test or a compression test? Rough idle/sputtering could be any number of things. Those tests could reveal a lot. It's probably worth it to check the valves. I would put the PCV back to the stock tune/flash, perform the valve check/adjustment and then perform a throttle body sync.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts