Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
We All Crave More POWER
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help on '04 Power Commander IIIUSB

Alright, I am new to this whole mythical 'Fuel Injection' thing and need help on a PCIIIUSB for my new '04. My dealer called me today and said it finally arrived and I will be picking it up tomorrow but my question to you guy's is:

How hard is it to install and will there be any benefits to it if running a stock pipe? I haven't decided on a pipe yet but I thought i'd order the PC while I was in a spending mood when I first picked my baby up. Also, where do I get 'maps' or whatever you need to program these? Oh, I will also be getting a K&N filter. BTW, I paid $280 for the PCIIIUSB. Thanks in advance (no pun intended hehe)

·
`04 here we come
200 Posts
Check out the powercommander.com site- there is instructions for instalation on it. Also, it will help your stock pipe. It should have a new map for it. Shoot me an e-mail if you need help. DAN

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
i haven't ck'd for a couple weeks or so but from my understanding dynojet is only making the pcIIIUSB for the 04 r1.as for maps,with the bike being so new,i wouldn't count on finding maps readily available yet.you can ck dynojets website for maps but i wouldn't count on it yet.you may have to take your bike to a shop with a dyno and have one made for you....unless you want to wait until you find someone running the same setup as you.

·
We All Crave More POWER
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Prowler said:
i haven't ck'd for a couple weeks or so but from my understanding dynojet is only making the pcIIIUSB for the 04 r1.as for maps,with the bike being so new,i wouldn't count on finding maps readily available yet.you can ck dynojets website for maps but i wouldn't count on it yet.you may have to take your bike to a shop with a dyno and have one made for you....unless you want to wait until you find someone running the same setup as you.
My bad, the invoice does say 'USB' on it (see, rookie). Thanks guys, I will check it out.

·
R1-Forum
1,628 Posts
Bigg-e:
As mentioned above, it is a USB model; in additional and "R" isn't available (Timing control).

As for stock tuning, it's possible to tune; however you'll need to disable the air injection prior - otherwise the dyno operator will not be able to take accurate air/fuel readings.

In closing, don't change air filters. We actually lost measurable power on aftermarket filters (both the BMC race and K&N); the only advantage is the ability to clean/re-use.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Actually, if you really want to make good use of the PC3 you will have to get a custom map.
Every bike is unique and so is the environment.
The "public domain" maps most likely will just sort out imperfections that are due to regulations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts