Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 yamaha R1 and it was working just fine until I was installing a power commander V. When I installed the power commander V my R1 was cranking but did not want to turn on so I unplugged the power commander and put it back to the factory plugs and it started right up. So then I thought let me try the power commander again to see if the bike would start up and it does not even start so I got scared and put it back to factory taking off the power commander and it does the same thing now it won't start or crank over. When I try to start the bike the orange engine light turns on every time I try to start the bike. Any help on what it can be.

· Johannesburg, South-Africa
913 Posts
All that fiddling...? I know my battery wont like it. (unless you didnt put everything back the way its supposed to be, maybe double check it?)

Also if it turns out your battery is fine, try putting it into diagnostic mode and running through all the settings and checking everything.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried a new battery and it's not starting . When I turn on the key the bike makes 1 clicking sound from near the battery but I've always heard that 1 clicking sound when I first turned on the bike so that's normal but when I press the starter button I don't even get a buzzing sound or nothing all I get is the orange engine light turns on every time I hold the starter button and when I release the starter button the orange engine light turn off. Anybody know what it could be or if their is a fuse to the starter

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We'll after going through my check list I found out that the problem was the relay that holds the two 15 amp fuses was the problem to my bike not starting. I think that relay is the starter relay? I called dyno jet and talked to a salesman and I don't know if the power commander was the reason to the bike not starting when I installed the power commander but know the bike starts up with out it now. The sales man from power commander walked me through some steps and my power commander was not communicating with my bike so I will have to return it and see if their is something wrong with it. When I get the power commander back I will let you all know how the bike runs as for now just glad the bike turns on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.