Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My R1 was stolen and hot wired when I got it back from the cops. I have had to replace the ignition and all the locks. When I finally tried to start it up last all I'm getting is a clicking sound when I hit the ignition button from a big fat relay under the seat and my headlights wont come on. When hit the ignition button the bike makes a clicking sound from the relay my engine light pops on from the guage cluster and my fuel pump kicks on. I have been able to jump the hot wires to the motor and the engine cranks so I know my battery/starter/motor are good. I'm wondering if I need to replace the entire harness or just that big fat relay. I have checked every single fuse on the bike and they seem to be fine. Any help with this would be awesome. Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
is your nuetral light coming on? my nuetral position switch went bad and my bike did the same thing. check your sensor it's directly behind your tranny it has one wire running to it. i believe it's a blue wire

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.