Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Wheelies for boobs!
3,965 Posts
I don't understand why people insist on making large purchases on E-Bay and then after committing (or about to committ) money to the auction, then asking if the auction is legit. It's either legit or not legit and if you have to ask then it's not. Personally, I would never buy any vehicle on E-Bay.

· Wheelies for boobs!
3,965 Posts
JaguarsLogic said:
It sounds like it could fall either way. Here is what I am planning to do.

1. Check the vin with the police

2.get there in the morning. Ride it and make sure it is in good condition

3. Verify that the vin on it is the same vin on the auction

4. Take as much of his info as possible. I plan to make copies of the registration, his driver's license, job id badge, etc

5. Verify the loan amount with his bank. If he cannot verify this , then absolutely no deal. I am a car salesman so I know how easy this is to verify.

Matter of fact, I will send the full payoff amount myself and request the title be sent to my address. If I cant do this then I wont buy the bike.

6. I'll attempt to do a credit check and verify that he is who he says he is. Again, as a car salesman, I can do credit checks for free and instantly.

If I can verify the bike is not registered stolen, and he is who he says he is, I will take delivery. If not, I'll bounce and go look for another one.

You aren't listening. Walk away. Do not pursue, do not check on legitimacy. Just walk away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.