Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Bald and Angry
1,104 Posts
I'm gonna have to say that I haven't detected anything glaringly suspicious thus far. When I bought my 02, the guy selling it to me didn't have the title either because he was still financing it through his bank, so the bank was the actual title holder. However, he was still able to register the bike under his name and operate it legally. After I paid him the money, he paid off his bank and a few weeks later they mailed him the title. He then signed over the title to me and I became the title holder and the registered owner of the bike.

This may be the same scenario for the guy that's selling it to you. From what I understand, carfax doesn't carry reports for bikes. I think the best thing to do would be to go to the dmv and have them run the vin and see if everything is legit.

· Bald and Angry
1,104 Posts
JaguarsLogic said:
what can I say, I do my homework. If it turns out to be for real, first thing I will do is ride by the shop that would not take less than 5k for a red '00 with 24k miles and squeaky brakes.
Well if I were you I wouldn't worry too much because you weren't the winning bidder so therefore you aren't obligated to buy. Inspect it first, check names and numbers to make sure it's legit. If you like it buy, if not move on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.