Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· If speed kills quit taking it
1,670 Posts
First of all what is wrong with people bidding from Canada?
I've bid on and won e-bay auctions when I was living in Canada, what with import duties, taxes and the exchange rates it's an expensive proposition to buy a bike that's in the US but sometimes the price justifies it. A friend of mine drove from Canada to N.Y.City to pick up a Ducati that he won in an e-bay auction.

Anyway, that's besides the point, I don't see the plates being an issue unless you normally buy a vehicle plated, in Canada when we sell a vehicle the seller keeps the plates, so everything is sold unplated.
I would be more concerned about the clear title, I would ask him for he details on the loan, institution, contacts, phone and fax number etc and contact them directly. If they are unwilling to give you specifics about the status of his loan (i.e whether it's been paid off) I'd need som eother kind of ABSOLUTE proof that it's been paid for before I parted with any of my money.
I'm not sure how things work down there but here, the seller is legally obligated to provide and informnation package generated by the Ministry of Transport which proves that the seller is the legal owner, the bike has no salvage title and there are no liens against the bike.
It makes things very simple

Bottom line, if there are red flags in your mind ...walk away ... there are loads of bikes out there.

· If speed kills quit taking it
1,670 Posts
Might want to grab a rear hugger to keep the crud off your shock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.