Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone I'm new here. But i have a 2005 Yamaha R1 with a Adams swing arm with 14" stretch and its my first bike. How ever i do not have rear brakes because i can't find a aftermarket caliper bracket/hanger because there is no mounting place in the aftermarket swing arm. i have the cable, pads and calipers, and a stock bracket can any one help me please!

:eek::dunno:cryin

· #cantstopwontstop
96 Posts
Hey everyone I'm new here. But i have a 2005 Yamaha R1 with a Adams swing arm with 14" stretch and its my first bike. How ever i do not have rear brakes because i can't find a aftermarket caliper bracket/hanger because there is no mounting place in the aftermarket swing arm. i have the cable, pads and calipers, and a stock bracket can any one help me please!

:eek::dunno:cryin
Sounds like you're going to need to modify your swingarm or swap it with a stock one (I'd go with the latter option, but to each their own).

· 22 is too many...
13,493 Posts
Sounds like you're going to need to modify your swingarm or swap it with a stock one (I'd go with the latter option, but to each their own).
:stpd:

Going to have to modify it to hang the caliper, but with that long as swinger your not going to go fast enough to need to use it or have to trail brake.:lol J/K man

· go go juice gonna make me win
1,068 Posts
why? i don't ever use the rear brake, just remove it.

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
:stpd:

but with that long as swinger your not going to go fast enough to need to use it or have to trail brake.:lol J/K man
:eek:wwn3d :hammer:

· 22 is too many...
13,493 Posts
well i know there is couple shop that will mod my swing arm to make it work, but I'd rather buy a bracket if such exist.:1857::repo:
No brackets are going to exist, if you want to run a caliper going to have to weld a bracket or mod the swinger to mount a bracket.

Does the company that made the swing arm have a system to purchase to use on the swing arm for the caliper? if they dont them im sure there is no other system and youj will have to mod it up. IMO if there isnt one on there already there is no point in putting a caliper on it, it will do you no good on there not too mention you will then have to have a custom line made for length to reach it and blah blah, its a waste imo

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No brackets are going to exist, if you want to run a caliper going to have to weld a bracket or mod the swinger to mount a bracket.

Does the company that made the swing arm have a system to purchase to use on the swing arm for the caliper? if they dont them im sure there is no other system and youj will have to mod it up. IMO if there isnt one on there already there is no point in putting a caliper on it, it will do you no good on there not too mention you will then have to have a custom line made for length to reach it and blah blah, its a waste imo

yes but i already have the brake line and everything and rear brakes are important no? I'm a new rider

· go go juice gonna make me win
1,068 Posts
no, not on a sport bike they're not. only time i ever use rear is maybe if i'm stopped at an incline or something. but even then i generally use front because for whatever reason i like to put right foot down. it's weird to swap just so i can use rear brake.

· 22 is too many...
13,493 Posts
yes but i already have the brake line and everything and rear brakes are important no? I'm a new rider
for your setup no its not too important, they come in handy when taking off on a hill or what not, I use mine for trail braking and slowing in a turn so as not to upset the front end, or seting the rear end up for a corner. Do some research on riding techniques and ask yourself if you belive you will need one for your riding style and bike after you read up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.