Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Young at heart
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to resize some pics to go with a thread I posted in the general motor cycle section but the forum keeps telling me the pics are too big. They are arround 372kb and the max is 200. When I tried to resize them smaller, the kb size actually went up. Why is it doing this and is it possible to reduce the kb size by changing the pixel size of the pic? Any help would be appreciated as everyone is waiting for me to get them up. Thanks. Oh and by the way I took the pics on a normal camera and got the shop to put them on a CD for me. Don't know if this makes a difference or not.

·
Heh
738 Posts
Well you want to use .jpg orr .gif format I would imagine. Cropping the picture or reducing the visual size is not the right way to do it if you want to keep the entire image that you have. If you have Photoshop (and this is really the only way I know how to do it) you can save the image in a "web"format that reduces the quality and size of the image specifically for web use. The only downside is that by making the file size smaller you lose sharpness and if you reduce too much the image can look blurry.

-LeXo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts