Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a search and read most of the threads for this, but still need my question answered. My 2001's clutch engages in the last 1/2 inch of lever-end. Is this normal on these. I am not use to this at all. All the bikes I've had in the past (13 to be exact) engage right off of the handle. This is so weird to get use too. Can you adjust them to engage earlier??? If so.........share the wealth on how, will ya? TIA

Aaron

·
Banned
367 Posts
ypoucan adjust it by the tensioner wheel rolling it foward will cause the clutch to engage earlier with out lettiing it out so much this is what your looking for the wheel is on the right end of the clutch handle its the sliver wheel with tiny ridges ,it can be adjusted to your feel ,1/4 ,1/2 even 3/4 .rolling it back will cause it to engage much later like your riding a slipped clutch depending on how far you go. hope this helps

·
Registered
178 Posts
Adjusting the cable will not affect when the clutch engages. It just set's the slack in the lever. You only want about 1/8" of freeplay in the lever.

Sounds like your clutch is normal...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the info guys. I have messed with the dial up by the handle to get freeplay and nothing. I guess I am going to have to pull the fairing and try down there. I have absolutely no freeplay, but the clutch doesn't slip or anything that I have seen.

Aaron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.